New ServerWMC Update 3/27/2018

Sammy

krustyreturns

I will, I know I should be anyway.  Is there still a way to get the beta from the dashboard, if so I am too dense to figure it out.

edit>  never mind

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Right, with direct file access you don't get an 'undefined' entry.  Actually the whole 'version' field that had the dropdown menu with 'undefined' as one of the choices is not there, if that makes any sense.. And closing the file is not needed.

krustyreturns

Different, but the behavior is weird so I'm not positive.  With url turned on for recordings in serverwmc, what happens then is:

1) when I click the recording icon to get information, emby starts the stream in serverwmc even though I have not requested to play the file.

2) in the information display that is shown, the 'Version' field has a dropdown with two choices both are 'undefined'.

3) if I hit play from this screen, the screen changes to a play screen but the stream never starts, it just shows the wait symbol.  Also on the serverwmc side, another play request is not received from emby, it only shows the one stream request that was started in (1)

4) the back button in chrome does not navigate away from the play screen it is stuck there.  I have to close chrome.

Want logs?

muranoone

Hey everyone, i just was reading this awesome thread and i see all these replies... i wanted to chime in and update everyone that i had put a band-aid on my situation with streaming and recording.

Luke had mentioned earlier in a reply to one of my posts something about the TYPE of media i had setup my RecTV Folder with. Originally I had set it up as "TV Show's" that doesn't work properly for RecTV Files from WMC.

So i tried what Luke had suggested and it did allow me to see the RecTV Shows properly, no more "undefinded" attributes for the RecTV files in WMC via the Emby library folder. 

The setup i used and worked is "Home Video & Photo's" as my Emby Library 'RecTV" Folder. Now all the Records show "Dolby Digital 5.1" attribute as the media audio type.

I can now view RecTV files any where in Emby environment including AppleTV 4K streaming, in the actual interface too no more launching from a separate device to view them as i noted in earlier posts regarding streaming issues to local devices.

So the only caveat is that viewing the actual items in Emby App via Windows in a browser or AppleTV 4K App  is that files are a generic thumbnail which it looks like maybe a quick random snapshot of a scene in the file and the name is the WMC native recording data.

No sorting by series or episodes which i figure because of the "Home Video's & Photos's" folder attribute probably doesn't care for that.

So like i said for me and the family its a band-aid and it works, till we get back to the original way RecTV files were handled would be nice!

Anything needed let me know how i can help.5baffe7da2a80_HomeVideosPhotos.png

5baffe9318aaa_HomeVideosPhotos1.png

5baffea1a136c_HomeVideosPhoto2.png

Just installed the latest ServerWMC package and re-installed ServerWMC Plugin on my Emby Server.

Will my scheduled recordings with just Emby still work?

Can I force them to record in .ts format as .wtv takes a lot longer for Handbrake to process.

Can I not have ServerWMC Recordings (or any recordings for that matter) on my Home Screen as I'd rather wait until the recordings are processed before having them show up in my library.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, i just was reading this awesome thread and i see all these replies... i wanted to chime in and update everyone that i had put a band-aid on my situation with streaming and recording.

Luke had mentioned earlier in a reply to one of my posts something about the TYPE of media i had setup my RecTV Folder with. Originally I had set it up as "TV Show's" that doesn't work properly for RecTV Files from WMC.

So i tried what Luke had suggested and it did allow me to see the RecTV Shows properly, no more "undefinded" attributes for the RecTV files in WMC via the Emby library folder. 

The setup i used and worked is "Home Video & Photo's" as my Emby Library 'RecTV" Folder. Now all the Records show "Dolby Digital 5.1" attribute as the media audio type.

I can now view RecTV files any where in Emby environment including AppleTV 4K streaming, in the actual interface too no more launching from a separate device to view them as i noted in earlier posts regarding streaming issues to local devices.

So the only caveat is that viewing the actual items in Emby App via Windows in a browser or AppleTV 4K App  is that files are a generic thumbnail which it looks like maybe a quick random snapshot of a scene in the file and the name is the WMC native recording data.

No sorting by series or episodes which i figure because of the "Home Video's & Photos's" folder attribute probably doesn't care for that.

So like i said for me and the family its a band-aid and it works, till we get back to the original way RecTV files were handled would be nice!

Anything needed let me know how i can help.5baffe7da2a80_HomeVideosPhotos.png

5baffe9318aaa_HomeVideosPhotos1.png

5baffea1a136c_HomeVideosPhoto2.png

Yes. These items need fixing. Even after running some old .wtv files through MCEBuddy / Handbrake they look like in your screenshot.

Since I just installed ServerWMC, I may run a separate Emby Server to test rather than run it on my Production Server.

Sammy

So I set up a separate Emby Server, loaded epg123 into WMC and ServerWMC into Emby then scheduled some series recordings in Emby. I will report back my findings..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking in, have we found a cause or work around for the missing file argument after ffmpeg.exe?

2018-10-27 01:10:02.314 Info App: C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -i file:"" -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:if(isnan(prev_forced_t),eq(t,t),gte(t,prev_forced_t+3))" -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\b91104c9da324ee0cf3dff4d7c79c881.m3u8" -y "C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\b91104c9da324ee0cf3dff4d7c79c881%d.ts"
2018-10-27 01:10:02.495 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, EncodingOptions encodingOptions, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String segmentId)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	System.Exception
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, EncodingOptions encodingOptions, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String segmentId)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Edited by lharris

i'm not sure there's been an update yet, but you can always add your recordings folder as a regular emby library . thanks.

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue - adding the folder to the Emby library is a workaround, though its a whole lot of fun to have to select the "episodes" tab since "shows" won't show anything, and then scroll thru the hundreds of recorded TV shows to find the one to play since it doesn't group any of the shows into folders.

Is the bug on ServerWMC side or Emby?

Edited by eskador

krustyreturns

In my humble opinion its on emby side.  The urls that swmc is handing back to emby for some reason, no longer work.  Nothing has changed on the swmc side.

Is anyone running the beta server that can try the plugin again? We can take a fresh look at the current state of affairs. Thanks.

Is anyone running the beta server that can try the plugin again? We can take a fresh look at the current state of affairs. Thanks.

I'll give it a go but sure like where things are going with the native Emby DVR!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to report in..

I installed the plugin. I can view the channels in the guide and watch them. I can set them to record. I cannot playback something after it was recorded and get just the spinning wheel. I'm short on time right now but will try again tomorrow and post logs.