New ServerWMC Update 3/27/2018

Sammy

Sammy

There was an updated today for "compatibility" but I am also seeing a new media folder titled "ServerWMC Recordings" Why? I already have Recorded TV?

Has this update fixed the proper flagging of DRM content? 

Anything else? I'm not seeing a change in ServerWMC on the github repo..

post-110-0-65011400-1522195994_thumb.jpg

It brings the plugin in line with Emby server core changes. Recordings are now a top level channel.

• Like 1

Sammy

It brings the plugin in line with Emby server core changes. Recordings are now a top level channel.

I opened the ServerWMC Folder. Looks well organized by series. I clicked on a series and nothing happened. Black screen but the top bar left arrow, user name etc but that's it. Had to back out.

Suppose this media folder can be moved in the settings in ET or the Web Player app?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

d00zah

There was an updated today for "compatibility" but I am also seeing a new media folder titled "ServerWMC Recordings" Why? I already have Recorded TV?

I have the same question as Sammy, which has, so far, gone unanswered... why is this new tile on the home screen when I already have 'Live TV' AND 'ServerWMC Recordings' also appears (preferred) under 'Live TV' > 'Recordings'?

post-10374-0-84083500-1522276676_thumb.jpg

I understand @Luke 's response that "It brings the plugin in line with Emby server core changes. Recordings are now a top level channel." & appreciate that I can once again view ServerWMC recordings as new media, but the 'ServerWMC Recordings' tile on the home screen seems like unnecessary clutter.

Edited by d00zah

Sammy

Sorry.. ran into some delays in posting the logs. I'll try for later today or more likely tomorrow.

Sammy

I will say this, I think now that the database has had time to build it is pretty fast but when I try to play a recording via the Android mobile app I get a no compatible streams error.

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

A couple of things.. 

I'd like to re-name this "tab" to simply "RecordedTV" Is that possible?

Also, once I go in the tab all my recordings are neatly arranged by series name, etc and I see sort methods too! Thank you very much as the other Recorded TV was a mess. Can these sub-folders have cover art instead of plain Jayne vanilla wrappers?

I'll test some more with other apps and / or players but the "no compatible streams" on my android phone is troubling since recordings worked before just fine. Log still forthcoming. Do you need just the Emby Server Log or do you need the ServerWMC Log and/or ffmpeg log?

Thanks @@Luke @@krustyreturns

Edited by Sammy

d00zah

I THINK this as in response to my question (thank you)  & regrettably, I find myself once again in the 'this is a retrograde step' camp. I LIKE that recent recordings are again displayed on the home screen, but I'd like to be able to hide the 'ServerWMC Recordings' tile. Wasn't there once an option to group channel content on the home screen? I looked, & it might have addressed my issue, but couldn't find it. Oh, well...

For any interested party, the new tile can be hidden in the webUI with custom CSS code:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57526-code-to-hide-a-library-tile-on-home-screen/

Edited by d00zah

The plus side to this is that recordings from plugins are no longer treated as this separate one off thing, and now they have stronger integration with other emby features. What you've already noticed is just a few examples, for example, sorting, filtering, home screen display, integration with home screen settings, integration with user permission settings per library, etc.

• Like 1

Sammy

I tried just now and it failed using my nVidia ShieldTV. Both ServerWMC Recordings and RecordedTV under LiveTV won't play. Playback under RecordedTV says "Too many errors" then quits. In both cases it marks the file as "Watched".

I may have these backwards.. The Server Log is the ffmpeg log and vise versa. 

20180330 Emby Server Log.txt

20180330 Emby ffmpeg log.txt

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

Some photos of it on the ShieldTV.

Cover art rather than tiles would be nice. [emoji6]

48dfb8aeeb6859645bc6632847fb2820.jpg

Excuse my kitchen lighting! But this is supposed to show the "black snow" on the screen. It looks "grainy".01b41fddd8c2f1d51c69c8fcf2d26a65.jpg

Showing the "Watched" status checked off even though it did not play.534349f7e53f92b416678dc4c8997e85.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

After updating to the ServerWMC plugin version 1.1.3.5 I'm getting the same "no compatible streams".

They play correctly once downgrading to 1.1.3.1.

What about 1.1.3.3?

ITMonkey

I was never able to play anything with 1.1.3.3. had to downgrade to 1.1.3.1 for playback.

Edited by ITMonkey

I was never able to play anything with 1.1.3.3. had to downgrade to 1.1.3.1 for playback.

Shortly after I posted updates to resolve that, thanks.

• Like 1

ITMonkey

When I update to 1.1.3.3 I can not see anything in the recorded library.  I see the overall Shows in colored folders.  But those folders are empty so there is nothing to play.

So right now...

I can see items and play them in 1.1.3.1

I can not see individual items (or play anything) in 1.1.3.3

I can see individual shows but not play them in 1.1.3.5

Edited by ITMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

Are we going to get an update to this or should I roll back to the last known working version for the time being? 

Thanks.