Dynamic Now Playing Poster App

chef

chef

That was quick!

Because overflow of the web page is set to hidden in the CSS, it might cause problems.

Not sure how to get a home brew page running on my Galaxy Tab yet so it is sort of untested {cringe}. Probably works though lol.

• 2 years later...
coke1224

Hello i'm interested in this plugin, the dropbox link is actually down. Can you give me some help to get it?

Basically, it is a web page which grabs now playing info from a plugin endpoint and will display poster art (currently only primary image), the description and displays it full screen on a device.

Looks best in portrait mode of tablets or screens.

TODO: 

- Add End time of film from endpoint

-Plugin config to choose a specific device playing a movie. (currently will only work with one device playing a movie) 

-Make it prettier, and cooler then what PLEX and KODI has... mmmmwaahahahahahaha....

-A bunch of other stuff which could make the app awesome and easier to use, if people want it to be.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oek9wa2l8x0n2jz/Poster%20App.zip?dl=0

To load the app:

Place the PosterApp.dll in embys plugin directory and restart the server.

Open the "main.js" file in the 'scripts' folder in a text editor, and edit the url for YOUR emby server. Save it. (This can be made automatic.)

Open index.html in any web browser

Start playback of a media item on an emby ready device.

Refresh webpage (This can be fixed too).

Clicking on web page makes it full screen.

chef

I don't think I have this anymore.

It was a weekend build that didn't grab any traction.

Apologies.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
chef

I can revisit this. 

I think it should be for raspberry pi.

But, I'll create a web page that requests the currently playing item for a session and will display it, in portrait, in a kiosk browser window.

We'll show a default image if the page loads and nothing is playing in the session. 

My development computer has been in pieces for several weeks, but I'll take a look as soon as is possible.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

@chef Hi, firstly, great work with what you're doing around the community. and secondly do you think it would be possible to create something like this to showcase your library to guests, so basically when going to index.html it would show your library content with posters but no option to play/edit anything. just something to show off your library really? Thank you, Keep up the great work btw

12 hours ago, gtxr25 said:

@chef Hi, firstly, great work with what you're doing around the community. and secondly do you think it would be possible to create something like this to showcase your library to guests, so basically when going to index.html it would show your library content with posters but no option to play/edit anything. just something to show off your library really? Thank you, Keep up the great work btw

Thank you for the kind words. 😃

If I recall, currently poster app will rotates through recently added automatically.

Where you thinking of some kind of remote feature?

Or an option to rotate through the entire library? 

Edited by chef

The Entire Library if possible but maybe not rotate as it would take forever lol, I was thinking just a simple static page showing your media with covers etc., basically like looking at your emby library without the option to edit/play items. I would do the prior mentioned idea but was looking for something a little more lightweight, if at all possible, Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gtxr25 said:

The Entire Library if possible but maybe not rotate as it would take forever lol, I was thinking just a simple static page showing your media with covers etc., basically like looking at your emby library without the option to edit/play items. I would do the prior mentioned idea but was looking for something a little more lightweight, if at all possible, Thanks

Yup! I love it!

So should it infinite scroll down through the library, slowly or something?

I'm not sure I could fit an entire library on one page.

• 2 months later...