Live TV Pause Buffer fills HD and crashes server

dr_faulkner

FordGT90Concept

That's not a fix at all.  The stream is stuck open so it will keep filling it until something breaks.

There's >100 GB free on C and the record rate is no more than 10 mbps.  That's 80,000 seconds of space or 22.22 hours.  No stream should get left open for more than 6 hours, nevermind 22+.

The reason why I keep it on C is because it's RAID1 256 GB SSDs: redundant and fast which is ideal for transcoding.

Even if I took your advice and installed another drive just for buffers, something is going to crash (either WinTV or Emby server) when the drive fills.  It prolongs the bug from presenting but doesn't stop it.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

Personally I'd not waste quality SSD in raid for transcoding but instead use throw-away SSDs for that purpose.

But that's just an opinion on use of hardware.  I didn't read enough backstory on your issue as I would agree with you that it shouldn't happen if this is due to a stuck channel that should have been free.

Have you compared log files to see if there is any indication either program has tried to close the stream?

FordGT90Concept

The problem really started again when the task to restart the server daily left.  That daily restart let the problem resolve itself without reaching a crisis point.

The problem with identifying it in logs is that it's often a day or more ago and because everything failed by the time I even realize it's happening, there's no way to even check what stream is open.

And now it's too late because the logs have been scrubbed (happened on the 23rd or 24th, today is the 30th, it only keeps a week.