Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Karl Blixt

ok, I have a few more issues.

firstly, it dosen't seem to find theme songs for all of my movies. which is kind of expected. but I do expect it to get movies like star wars or other popular movies.

secondly. the movies that it does add a song for it only adds a file called "theme.mp3" in the movie directory that is 0kB large.

radeon

ok, I have a few more issues.

firstly, it dosen't seem to find theme songs for all of my movies. which is kind of expected. but I do expect it to get movies like star wars or other popular movies.

secondly. the movies that it does add a song for it only adds a file called "theme.mp3" in the movie directory that is 0kB large.

Re the first one, the plugin load balances if you have a large collection so you may need to let the scheduled task run over a couple of days to grt everything.

Re the second. Something is wrong there. Try deleting the themes and clearing the filter list (go into the plugin list and click on thd plugin and you should see the filters, clear all and hit save) then turn off audio normalisation and run it up again. If its still not right. Post a full log from that session.

Cheers

pmurphy0881

I have been having some issues with this plugin working.  I'm trying to get things to download but in the last 24 hours it's only downloaded 1 theme.  I've tried to "delete all" from the plugin and remove the theme video that has been downloaded already and do a re-sync through scheduled tasks, but I'm not getting anything.  Am I missing something to get this working?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you running beta? Apparently my plugins are broken in the latest and will need updating...

Have the plugins been updated? I am trying to reinstall the plugins on my beta server after they caused it to crash a few releases ago. Now on Version 3.6.0.39 beta. Although I select the Move Theme Songs plugin and it says it was installed, upon restart, the plugin is not listed as installed... looking at the logs... I found it seems Emby did installed... 

2018-09-10 09:37:06.566 Info InstallationManager: New plugin installed: TV Theme Songs 1.6.0.1 Release
2018-09-10 09:37:06.591 Info App: App needs to be restarted.

However, once I restart the server I do not see the plugin nor the dll is in the plugins path. (H:\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins) in my case, as this is a portable installation.

When looking at the server log (upon restart) I found the following entries:

2018-09-10 09:37:54.201 Info App: Not loading moviethemesongs.dll 1.6.0.0 because the minimum supported version is 1.6.1. Please update to the newer version
2018-09-10 09:37:54.237 Info App: Not loading themesongs.dll 1.6.0.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6.1. Please update to the newer version
Edited by Smaky

clarkss12

Dumb question, how do I add my own theme songs.... Is there a tutorial with pictures??   I purchased the package a couple of years ago, how do I confirm that this app is working correctly.  There is theme music on some of my TV shows, but not many.

I added a couple of pics to show what I "see".

post-38990-0-46857000-1536592412_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-78607700-1536592419_thumb.jpg

Dumb question, how do I add my own theme songs...

If I remeber properly, you just need to drop a theme.mp3 file containing your theme song at the media's folder. Then if you have configured the plugin to contribute it will upload ti from there.

clarkss12

Thank you, Ebr. works like a charm, and didn't even need pictures to show me how to do it...... 

Copy the audio file, that I recorded, into the TV series folder and name the file to "theme.mp3".  I changed my recordings to mp3, maybe not necessary.

clarkss12

If I remeber properly, you just need to drop a theme.mp3 file containing your theme song at the media's folder. Then if you have configured the plugin to contribute it will upload ti from there.

Thanks, Smaky, you are correct.......

Have the plugins been updated? I am trying to reinstall the plugins on my beta server after they caused it to crash a few releases ago. Now on Version 3.6.0.39 beta. Although I select the Move Theme Songs plugin and it says it was installed, upon restart, the plugin is not listed as installed... looking at the logs... I found it seems Emby did installed... 

2018-09-10 09:37:06.566 Info InstallationManager: New plugin installed: TV Theme Songs 1.6.0.1 Release
2018-09-10 09:37:06.591 Info App: App needs to be restarted.

However, once I restart the server I do not see the plugin nor the dll is in the plugins path. (H:\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins) in my case, as this is a portable installation.

When looking at the server log (upon restart) I found the following entries:

2018-09-10 09:37:54.201 Info App: Not loading moviethemesongs.dll 1.6.0.0 because the minimum supported version is 1.6.1. Please update to the newer version
2018-09-10 09:37:54.237 Info App: Not loading themesongs.dll 1.6.0.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6.1. Please update to the newer version

New beta versions are imminent, I'm just waiting on the next beta of the server as it may have some other breaking changes I need to handle. :D

New beta versions are imminent, I'm just waiting on the next beta of the server as it may have some other breaking changes I need to handle. :D

Excellent.. thanks.

pclausen

I recently moved all my movies from one location to another.  However, Emby keeps re-creating the old movie folders and the only thing inside them is \backdrops\theme-320.bif.

Is this plug-in responsible for that and how can I change it?  I'm running the latest Emby server beta btw, so I don't even see the plugin so I'm unable to change the path there (assuming that option even exists).

Hopefully once the new beta versions come out, I'll be able to resolve this issue.

I also posted about this issue over in the Server forum in case this is on related to the plugin.  More details here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62703-shadow-movie-folders-containing-only-backdropstheme-320bif/

Thanks

Edited by pclausen

I recently moved all my movies from one location to another. However, Emby keeps re-creating the old movie folders and the only thing inside them is \backdrops\theme-320.bif.

Is this plug-in responsible for that and how can I change it? I'm running the latest Emby server beta btw, so I don't even see the plugin so I'm unable to change the path there (assuming that option even exists).

Hopefully once the new beta versions come out, I'll be able to resolve this issue.

I also posted about this issue over in the Server forum in case this is on related to the plugin. More details here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62703-shadow-movie-folders-containing-only-backdropstheme-320bif/

Thanks

Hey. My plugins don't have and paths set. It gets all of its info from emby server.

Also it doesn't create any bif files. Isn't bif something to do woth chapter images? I recall there being a plugin for rokus perhaps? Maube its been integrated into the core and is chapter image extraction?

pclausen

I do run the Roku Thumbnails plugin, but it doesn't have any settings either to change the path.  Looks like a bug with either that plugin or the current Emby beta.  I'll do some more digging.

Thanks

Hey. My plugins don't have and paths set. It gets all of its info from emby server.

Also it doesn't create any bif files. Isn't bif something to do woth chapter images? I recall there being a plugin for rokus perhaps? Maube its been integrated into the core and is chapter image extraction?

I am facing this too.. but I truly believe this is related to the Roku Plugin and not to yours.

Welll... I was out for the weekend with the family. I just noticed a new version of the server and several plugins were installed.

To provide some context In my case shadow folders are created for contaminating theme-320.bif files... under a backdrop folder within some of my media. Int these cases. the location correspond to an old location where the media used to reside.However, it has been months since I moved the media to a different location and these bif files appear where the media used to be. 

OK! New versions (1.6.1.0) of all 5 plugins have just been released for Emby Server Beta 3.6.0.43 and onward.

Grab the Theme Video and Song update from the official catalog.

If you're a YTrailers user, you'll need to download and install manually from www.ballingtons.com/products

These latest versions should catch any exceptions thrown a bit better so if your emby server is updated to a new version with some breaking changes, it should just log them and not take out the server. :D

• 2 weeks later...

3.5.3.0 stable, and have tried your plugins. Unfortunately, the movie theme songs is downloading songs for some movies that make no sense, and so I no longer wanted to use the add-in. I manually deleted all the theme.mp4 files in each movie folder (shame you cannot name them appropriately like Movie Name-theme, but an issue for another day), and I uninstalled the add-in and restarted Emby Server. Now every time I open a movie details screen (web browser), I receive a Playback Error.

How do I fix?

• 3 weeks later...
Laducaquark

Ok, I've searched and searched for this and I have come up empty, so i apologize in advanced if this has been answered.

Ok I downloaded and purchased all the Theme music / Video plugins for movies and TV.  Once i put the key given to me into the Emby Premium section, i was allowed to download all the music /  vids for the Movies and TV shows.  I have checked my hard drive where i keep my movies / tv shows and i DO see a video and music file in each of the shows / movies folder.

But when I go to the movies  / TV shows on my Roku, web browser, phone, and tablet, no music / video is playing.  is there a switch to turn his one or am i just missing something.

and yes, I also verified in the logs that the moveis / tv show music /vids did indeed come out (verified from step performed above)

Any hep would be appreciated.

Ok, I've searched and searched for this and I have come up empty, so i apologize in advanced if this has been answered.

Ok I downloaded and purchased all the Theme music / Video plugins for movies and TV.  Once i put the key given to me into the Emby Premium section, i was allowed to download all the music /  vids for the Movies and TV shows.  I have checked my hard drive where i keep my movies / tv shows and i DO see a video and music file in each of the shows / movies folder.

But when I go to the movies  / TV shows on my Roku, web browser, phone, and tablet, no music / video is playing.  is there a switch to turn his one or am i just missing something.

and yes, I also verified in the logs that the moveis / tv show music /vids did indeed come out (verified from step performed above)

Any hep would be appreciated.

The web app and mobile apps require a setting to activate it. Roku does not support them at this point.