Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Some problems:

1- Can listen only 1 movie/tv theme, then it won't load others. Then if I restart browser, I can hear one again...and so on...

Guess: Normalization won't work a lot of times....several errors in log regarding ffmpeg at the moment of normalization. Is that ocurring with other users?

Solution: Disabled audio normalization and now I can hear all themes

2- After exiting a title where the music is playing, Emby doesn`t stop the music.

Guess: As this theme plugin probably wasn`t meant to be a jukebox, the theme song should stop right after we leave the title/show.

Solution: None so far

3- When music is playing, the control bar appears... That takes a little of the "magic" away.

Suggestion: Is there a way to hide controls and only show a checkbox to switch the "Listen Theme Song" when available to that title?

Hey.

I think you may have misunderstood how much the plugins have control of within each of the ui's

Think of the plugins as meta data providers. They simply aquire the meta data and place it in the correct place within your library to be utilised by emby. So things like controlling the ui or anything which directly effects the playback of the media wouldn't be controlled by the plugins.

That said you do mention something about audio normalisation which could sort of have an effect on the playback which is it failing to process the downloaded themes thus not completing the full download which in turn prevents the media from being in the right place meaning you can't play it because it's not acruelly there. Then by disabling it, it's enabled the themes to download, placing them in the right place and now they're playable. So assuming that's correct, you're on the right track, just with a wonky wheel. :-)

If you can give me a copy of your full log, I'll take a look and see if the audio normalisation is in need of a fix. Luke has changed the build of ffmpeg in the past which has broken it before.

anderbytes

Hey.

I think you may have misunderstood how much the plugins have control of within each of the ui's

Think of the plugins as meta data providers. They simply aquire the meta data and place it in the correct place within your library to be utilised by emby. So things like controlling the ui or anything which directly effects the playback of the media wouldn't be controlled by the plugins.

That said you do mention something about audio normalisation which could sort of have an effect on the playback which is it failing to process the downloaded themes thus not completing the full download which in turn prevents the media from being in the right place meaning you can't play it because it's not acruelly there. Then by disabling it, it's enabled the themes to download, placing them in the right place and now they're playable. So assuming that's correct, you're on the right track, just with a wonky wheel. :-)

If you can give me a copy of your full log, I'll take a look and see if the audio normalisation is in need of a fix. Luke has changed the build of ffmpeg in the past which has broken it before.

Actually, all the normalization issues were noticed AFTER all theme.mp3 were downloaded. It doesn't interrupt the download.... I guess it's something related to broken ffmpeg, actually.

Here goes a snippet of the log:

2016-06-01 20:09:24.5047 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Moving /media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp to /media/hdd_drive/main_folder/media_folder/Movies/Shallow Hal (2001)/theme.mp3
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5063 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg path : /media/hdd_drive/emby/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5063 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg params :  -i "/media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp" -t 10 -af volumedetect -f null ?
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5424 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg path : /media/hdd_drive/emby/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5424 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg params : -i "/media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=-1dB" "/media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp.mp3
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5424 Error App: ffmpeg exception =
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5972.0
        Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /media/hdd_drive/emby -restartpath /usr/sbin/emby.sh
        Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.0
        Processor count: 4
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Program data path: /media/hdd_drive/emby
        Mono: 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
        Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        ApplicationName='/media/hdd_drive/emby/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-i "/media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=-1dB" "/media/hdd_drive/emby/cache/temp/2f0923d7-d4a2-4aac-b8bc-856129122266.tmp.mp3', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Success
        System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x41750000 + 0x00fe7> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x4174f260 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () <0x4174f1e0 + 0x0004b> in <filename unknown>:0
          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
          at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.Normalise.NormaliseAudio+<ffmpegProcess>d__d.MoveNext () <0x41d68600 + 0x0025f> in <filename unknown>:0

2016-06-01 20:09:24.5424 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Audio Normalise Failed. Falling back to original download
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5608 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Found movie theme song for {1}
2016-06-01 20:09:24.5608 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bydaic6a93cjxic

denisb88

I have tried with Emby for IOS on my Apple TV3 but I can't ear any film theme.

How to get it on an Apple TV ?

anderbytes

Hi, welcome. We have a separate app for Apple TV:

http://emby.media/emby-for-appletv.html

Luke, about those suggestions above related to UI (that plugin can't help), are they feasible?

2- After exiting a title where the music is playing, Emby doesn`t stop the music.

Guess: As this theme plugin probably wasn`t meant to be a jukebox, the theme song should stop right after we leave the title/show.

Solution: None so far

3- When music is playing, the control bar appears... That takes a little of the "magic" away.

Suggestion: Is there a way to hide controls and only show a checkbox to switch the "Listen Theme Song" when available to that title?

This is getting off-topic. All this plugin does is provide the theme songs. If you have an issue with an app, then please report it in the area for that app. Thanks.

denisb88

Hi 

There is another problem.

After many launch of the plugin, I get only themes and backdrop ONLY for movies beginning with the letter A.

Is this because I am in the trying period and because I haven't yet subscribed to premium functions of Emby ?

Hi 

After many launch of the plugin, I get only themes and backdrop ONLY for movies beginning with the letter A.

Is this because I am in the trying period and because I haven't yet subscribed to premium functions of Emby ?

Hi, welcome. yes, this is correct.

CBers

Hi 

I think that is a licensing issue with the plugin.

I believe in a non-licensed/trial scenario, only movies starting with "A" are processed, just to show you what can be done with the plugin.

Hopefully @@radeon can confirm.

denisb88

Yes 

I have just take one year of premiere Empy and now it's ok, all letters are analysed

Another question, is it possible to switch to a lifetime premiere after paying today  a one year premiere and paying the différence ?

CBers

Another question, is it possible to switch to a lifetime premiere after paying today  a one year premiere and paying the différence ?

I think if you PM @@ebr, he can sort it out for you.

Sorry but I have just tested now on my Apple TV 4thGen and I haven't any theme music playing.

But on my Iphone, I can ear theme music.

Is it normal ? 

Yes.  The Apple TV app hasn't implemented theme music yet.

• 2 months later...
horstepipe

hey @@radeon

just bought the 4-pack from here:

http://www.ballingtons.com/products/

I got a Paypal confirmation, but anything else.

I restarted Emby and started the task, but I'm getting the following in log file:

2016-08-10 13:53:37.5874 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Trial Mode - During the trial, only movies with the name beginning with the letter 'A' will be downloaded. Please register for all names to be processed

I used the same email as for my Emby Premiere membership.

Anything else I have to do to activate your product?

Regards

edit: solved with PM, thanks

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

got a problem here:

While downloading movie themes my RAM gets loaded more and more until Emby stops working. Even if I abort the download early manually to prevent a crash the RAM stays full.

The only way to get it back to normal is restart the Emby server.

Besides this I've had a feature request:

It is possible do autmatically download the theme when a new movie is added to database (e.g. while fanarts etc. are being scraped)?

Edited by horstepipe

radeon

got a problem here:

While downloading movie themes my RAM gets loaded more and more until Emby stops working. Even if I abort the download early manually to prevent a crash the RAM stays full.

The only way to get it back to normal is restart the Emby server.

Besides this I've had a feature request:

It is possible do autmatically download the theme when a new movie is added to database (e.g. while fanarts etc. are being scraped)?

hmm, strange, not come across this one before.

Can you pm me a fresh full log and i'll take a look. 

Your feature request should be what it already does. If a new movie is added, the plugin will fire and see if a theme is available.

horstepipe

Just saw that my log is still full of ffmpeg errors, maybe that's the cause.

I'll better wait until ffmpeg is available for my platform, maybe then everything is good.

Thank you

anderbytes

Can't uninstall themes plugin for tv and movies. anyone experiencing this?

UPDATE: manually removing DLL's inside plugins folder did the trick.

Edited by anderbytes

horstepipe

hey @@radeon

the Synology package now natively supports ffmpeg. Unfortunately, when activating audio normalization, I'm getting these errors:

2016-08-23 15:43:57.1972 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Moving /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp to /volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3
2016-08-23 15:43:57.1972 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg path : /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
2016-08-23 15:43:57.1972 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg params :  -i "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp" -t 10 -af volumedetect -f null –
2016-08-23 15:43:57.9003 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg path : /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
2016-08-23 15:43:57.9003 Info App: Movie Theme Songs ffmpeg params : -i "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=1dB" "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp.mp3
2016-08-23 15:43:57.9017 Error App: ffmpeg exception = 
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.117.0
	Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.2.40.0
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: False
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
	Mono: 4.4.2 (Stable 4.4.2.11/f72fe45 Mon Aug  8 03:22:17 CST 2016)
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.1.117-beta/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	ApplicationName='/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-i "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=1dB" "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/76ab26ab-8d42-4725-9a0d-520b01015d04.tmp.mp3', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Success
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
	  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x32438980 + 0x004e4> in <filename unknown>:0 

2016-08-23 15:43:57.9018 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Audio Normalise Failed. Falling back to original download

I'm participating in a closed group for Synology package testers and the supervisor/dev @@solabc16 advised me to ask if you have any idea why this happens.

Regards

solabc16

Hello @@horstepipe

The log sequencing sugests that the file that is intended to be processed has already been moved, but this could simply be the result of synchronisation in the logging function.

Putting that to one side for a moment, this file should exist: /volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3

So you could try running the following commands from an SSH session and see what is actually happening:-

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -t 10 -af volumedetect -f null

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=1dB" "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.tmp.mp3"

- James

horstepipe

Hello @@horstepipe

The log sequencing sugests that the file that is intended to be processed has already been moved, but this could simply be the result of synchronisation in the logging function.

Putting that to one side for a moment, this file should exist: /volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3

So you could try running the following commands from an SSH session and see what is actually happening:-

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -t 10 -af volumedetect -f null

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=1dB" "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.tmp.mp3"

- James

admin@WollesNAS:/$ sudo /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/v                                                                                                             olume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -t 10 -af volumedetect -f null
Password:
ffmpeg version 3.1.2-20160823T112541UTC Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg devel                                                                                                             opers
  built with gcc 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) 20150311 (prerelease)
  configuration: --prefix=/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg --enable-cross-                                                                                                             compile --sysroot=/usr/local/sysroot --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi- -                                                                                                             -target-os=linux --arch=arm --cpu=armv7-a --enable-thumb --disable-neon --enable                                                                                                             -gpl --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-ffplay --disable                                                                                                             -ffserver --disable-doc --disable-htmlpages --disable-manpages --disable-podpage                                                                                                             s --disable-txtpages --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enabl                                                                                                             e-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspe                                                                                                             ex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enab                                                                                                             le-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libfreetype --enable-fontc                                                                                                             onfig --enable-gray --enable-libfribidi --disable-indev=sndio --disable-outdev=s                                                                                                             ndio --extra-version=20160823T112541UTC --pkg-config=pkg-config --pkg-config-fla                                                                                                             gs=--static --extra-cflags=-static --extra-cxxflags=-static --extra-ldflags='-L/                                                                                                             var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/lib -static'
  libavutil      55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
  libavcodec     57. 48.101 / 57. 48.101
  libavformat    57. 41.100 / 57. 41.100
  libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
  libavfilter     6. 47.100 /  6. 47.100
  libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
  libswresample   2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100
  libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100
Trailing options were found on the commandline.
Input #0, mp3, from '/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3':
  Metadata:
    track           : 1
    title           : Historia de las Bandas Sonoras: La Profecía / The Omen (Je                                                                                                             rry Goldsmith)
    encoder         : Lavf56.12.103
  Duration: 00:02:38.41, start: 0.025057, bitrate: 128 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc56.12
At least one output file must be specified
admin@WollesNAS:/$ sudo /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=1dB" "/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.tmp.mp3"
ffmpeg version 3.1.2-20160823T112541UTC Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) 20150311 (prerelease)
  configuration: --prefix=/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg --enable-cross-compile --sysroot=/usr/local/sysroot --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi- --target-os=linux --arch=arm --cpu=armv7-a --enable-thumb --disable-neon --enable-gpl --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --disable-doc --disable-htmlpages --disable-manpages --disable-podpages --disable-txtpages --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libfreetype --enable-fontconfig --enable-gray --enable-libfribidi --disable-indev=sndio --disable-outdev=sndio --extra-version=20160823T112541UTC --pkg-config=pkg-config --pkg-config-flags=--static --extra-cflags=-static --extra-cxxflags=-static --extra-ldflags='-L/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/lib -static'
  libavutil      55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
  libavcodec     57. 48.101 / 57. 48.101
  libavformat    57. 41.100 / 57. 41.100
  libavdevice    57.  0.101 / 57.  0.101
  libavfilter     6. 47.100 /  6. 47.100
  libswscale      4.  1.100 /  4.  1.100
  libswresample   2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100
  libpostproc    54.  0.100 / 54.  0.100
Input #0, mp3, from '/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.mp3':
  Metadata:
    track           : 1
    title           : Historia de las Bandas Sonoras: La Profecía / The Omen (Jerry Goldsmith)
    encoder         : Lavf56.12.103
  Duration: 00:02:38.41, start: 0.025057, bitrate: 128 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 128 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc56.12
[mp3 @ 0x3639960] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
Output #0, mp3, to '/volume1/WollesNAS/Filme/Das Omen (2006)/theme.tmp.mp3':
  Metadata:
    TRCK            : 1
    TIT2            : Historia de las Bandas Sonoras: La Profecía / The Omen (Jerry Goldsmith)
    TSSE            : Lavf57.41.100
    Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3 (libmp3lame), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 128 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc57.48.101 libmp3lame
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mp3 (native) -> mp3 (libmp3lame))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[mp3 @ 0x3639570] Header missing bitrate= 128.0kbits/s speed=2.04x
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input
[libmp3lame @ 0x3653c20] Trying to remove 1152 samples, but the queue is empty
size=    2476kB time=00:02:38.40 bitrate= 128.0kbits/s speed=2.05x
video:0kB audio:2476kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.022091%

• 2 weeks later...
horstepipe

hey @@solabc16

Now the chapter image extraction and trailer playback is fixed, would you like to take a look at this problem again? Looks like it's an issue with ffmpeg on Synology, too...?

Or do you think the plugin itself is responsible for my problem?

@@radeon

should audio normalization work on current Beta release?