Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Hi radeon, a little question. I wonder how the backdrop movies/musics are selected? I imagine you've got a repository somewhere that says to the plugin where to download? Or is it peer2peer? I ask because sometime the background movie or music isn't related to the title or the music is in spanish... Please give me some info of how it is working (sorry if question's already asked).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, the themes were originally all submitted by myself for the music however now users can submit via a centrally managed theme repo. It's based of the tmdbid and tagged with that when its uploaded .It's generally pretty solid as but can fall over over someone has added the wrong theme music to a movie or has the wrong metadata associated with a movie. That said, the themes can be changed/removed/updated if you have any specifics and have the correct eheme music for them. 

jscoys

Hey, the themes were originally all submitted by myself for the music however now users can submit via a centrally managed theme repo. It's based of the tmdbid and tagged with that when its uploaded .It's generally pretty solid as but can fall over over someone has added the wrong theme music to a movie or has the wrong metadata associated with a movie. That said, the themes can be changed/removed/updated if you have any specifics and have the correct eheme music for them. 

How can we submit a change or new music/video background? You? Private message?

jscoys

How can we submit a change or new music/video background? You? Private message?

@@radeon : I'm really serious. I would like to help you because I spotted some music/video backgrounds which are "WTF???" and don't correspond to the movie at all...

radeon

Submissions of new ones is easy, just enable to contribution network within the plugins config options and assuming now already pre existing theme exists for said show/movie, yours will be uploaded.

Adding replacements is a little different. We did have a solution but im in the process of changing it as we speak so bare with me on that one. :-)

jj12345

I have a feature request.... right now theme songs are downloaded as theme.mp3 which only works when each movie is in it's own folder.  I only have a few movies in that situation where I need an Extras subfolder.  The vast majority of my collection is dumped into a single folder for kids or teens or parents.  The result is that except for the few movies that happen to be in their own folder all movies play the same theme song which happens to belong to whatever movie last updated theme.mp3.  Could this plugin be updated to work the way fanart works?  When a movie is in it's own folder I see fanart.jpg but when movies are in a shared folder I see {my movie file name}-fanart.jpg.  It would be great if this plug in downloaded theme songs as {my movie file name}-theme.mp3 and then could play the right theme song for a movie.

radeon

Unless anything has changed, I can't change the location of the theme media because if the way emby server requires it to be stored. 

jscoys

Submissions of new ones is easy, just enable to contribution network within the plugins config options and assuming now already pre existing theme exists for said show/movie, yours will be uploaded.

Adding replacements is a little different. We did have a solution but im in the process of changing it as we speak so bare with me on that one. :-)

Ok just inform me how to do when your new system will be operational. Until your system's up and running, I will keep all TMDBID which have weird backgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
mooks

Installed it, bought license, ran media folder scan, then the task to download movie theme songs. Won't download all songs, I have Deadpool as example in my list, no theme has been loaded. Same to James Bond, Baymax, Interstellar, Robocop, Mad Max, Star Wars.

Edited by mooks

jscoys

Have you checked the Community contribution checkbox in plugin settings? Don't know for all of movies you mentionned before but there is no music backdrop for Deadpool at this moment.

Edited by jscoys
  • Like 1

mooks

Have you checked the Community contribution checkbox in plugin settings? Don't know for all of movies you mentionned before but there is no music backdrop for Deadpool at this moment.

Yes, switched it on. No media downloaded.

Getting that error:

2016-05-05 20:35:17.2506 Error App: ffmpeg exception =
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5934.0
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.4
        Processor count: 8
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 03:58:58 UTC 2015)
        Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        ApplicationName='/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20160215/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-i "/var/lib/emby-server/cache/temp/900c539f-12a5-4b70-a150-6a79f23b69ba.tmp" -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128000 -af "volume=-15dB" "/var/lib/emby-server/cache/temp/900c539f-12a5-4b70-a150-6a79f23b69ba.tmp.mp3', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Success
        System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x40722030 + 0x00f3f> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x407213b0 + 0x000b3> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () <0x40721330 + 0x0004b> in <filename unknown>:0
          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
          at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.Normalise.NormaliseAudio+<ffmpegProcess>d__d.MoveNext () <0x41789820 + 0x0027f> in <filename unknown>:0

2016-05-05 20:35:17.2506 Info App: Movie Theme Songs - Audio Normalise Failed. Falling back to original download
2016-05-05 20:35:17.2515 Error App: Movie Theme Songs - Error downloading file from host
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.0.5934.0
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.4
        Processor count: 8
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec  3 03:58:58 UTC 2015)
        Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
        Access to the path is denied.
        System.UnauthorizedAccessException
          at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) <0x7fbca74e03e0 + 0x002f0> in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.Search.LocalMovieThemeSongDownloader+<DownloadMovieThemeSongForItem>d__1.MoveNext () <0x4177dea0 + 0x0137f> in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by mooks

radeon

hmm, looks like the audio normalisation is failing. 

Do you have any of the theme video plugins installed and do they work ok?

Also, try disabling audio normalisation and you should find it works ok. I'll look to work on a fix when im back home tomorrow. 

• 3 weeks later...
motleyc

I was looking at purchasing the pack of all 4 together from the website but my emby account and paypal account are different. Can I include a note with my emby account email and will that work for you?

radeon

I was looking at purchasing the pack of all 4 together from the website but my emby account and paypal account are different. Can I include a note with my emby account email and will that work for you?

@@motleyc Sure! :-)

Edited by radeon

denisb88

I have just bought today the 4 plugins.

On 150 movies, I have only 1 theme

All my movies are in a folder 

Nothing appends when I scan my library

Have you a tutorial for the plugin ?

Thanks

radeon

I have just bought today the 4 plugins.

On 150 movies, I have only 1 theme

All my movies are in a folder 

Nothing appends when I scan my library

Have you a tutorial for the plugin ?

Thanks

Couple of things, 

1 make sure the contribution network is enabled, that'll give you a whole lot more themes. 

2 make sure each movie is in its own folder. Due to the current setup of emby metadata. each one has to be in its own folder to support theme media.

3 make sure you have the tmdbid for movies and tvdbid for tv set within your metadata

4 make sure you run up the scheduled tasks a couple of times over a couple of days (the server load balances the requests so can sometimes only dish out a few hundred at a time if its under load)

if all of the above are done, chuck me over some debug logs and I'll take a look into further. 

Cheers, 

denisb88

Sorry I'm french and I dont' understand number 1 "make sure the contribution network is enabled, that'll give you a whole lot more themes. "

Here is my files

2016-06-01_14-36-26.jpeg

radeon

Within the plugins configuration you can enable the contribution network which gives access to a whole lot more themes.

Folder structure looks ok to me. 

Do you have hidden files and folders being displayed?

And have you run the scheduled tasks the initialise the process and confirmed you have the tmdbid for movies and tvdbid for tv set within your metadata?

radeon

there isnt really anything to write a tutorial about. 

As long as your metadata is set correctly for your movies and you have given the scheduled tasks plenty of time to run, it should just work. 

If you can enable debug logging, reboot your emby server instance, wait for it to initialise then run the movie theme video task, wait for it to complete, then send me a copy of your log I will be able to see whats going on.

denisb88

OK

it's ok for the download with the contribution network.

But now, how can I ear the music on Chrome ?

When I select a movie, nothing happens

jscoys

OK

it's ok for the download with the contribution network.

But now, how can I ear the music on Chrome ?

When I select a movie, nothing happens

Check into your movie directories that you've got a file with mp3 extension.

After that music and video Will only be automatically played on compatible devices. Emby theatre Will play music and video, iOS and Android devices Will play only audio, excepting Android for TV app...

• Like 1

anderbytes

Some problems:

1- Can listen only 1 movie/tv theme, then it won't load others. Then if I restart browser, I can hear one again...and so on...

Guess: Normalization won't work a lot of times....several errors in log regarding ffmpeg at the moment of normalization. Is that ocurring with other users?

Solution: Disabled audio normalization and now I can hear all themes

2- After exiting a title where the music is playing, Emby doesn`t stop the music.

Guess: As this theme plugin probably wasn`t meant to be a jukebox, the theme song should stop right after we leave the title/show.

Solution: None so far

3- When music is playing, the control bar appears... That takes a little of the "magic" away.

Suggestion: Is there a way to hide controls and only show a checkbox to switch the "Listen Theme Song" when available to that title?

Edited by anderbytes