Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

I assume you are refering to WMC next/prev buttons as in skip ffw and skip rew.

Or are you trying to go to the next movie by using these buttons. ?

Which Theme are you using?

Hi. No not the movie playback controls. The previous/next selectors you get in the details page when you browse your movie collection (where you normally would hear theme music.) I'm using MB plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheesegeezer

Hi. No not the movie playback controls. The previous/next selectors you get in the details page when you browse your movie collection (where you normally would hear theme music.) I'm using MB plus.

MB Plus is simply an enhanced EHS, An addon for any theme.  I probably assume you are either using Classic or Chocolate.

Ok so you are basically saying that the next/prev buttons allow you to enter the next or previous library item but the song doesn't change to represent the new item's song.  Can I ask if the backdrop changes when you enter the new item from the next/prev buttons?

You are correct that I'm using chocolate and yes the backdrops do change. I'll give the PC a reboot as well as check other clients and let you know if anything changes or if I see the same behavior on the other clients. Let me know if you need logs. As always thanks for the excellent support.

• 3 weeks later...
pclausen

So I purchased, and installed this plug-in yesterday.  So far no movie theme songs have been downloaded into any of my movie folders.  Is there something I need to do to "kick-start" the process?

When I go to this plug-ins config page, I see nothing under "Download Filters".  Is this where I should be seeing a list of all the movies for which theme songs have been downloaded?

Edited by pclausen

psykix

So I purchased, and installed this plug-in yesterday.  So far no movie theme songs have been downloaded into any of my movie folders.  Is there something I need to do to "kick-start" the process?

When I go to this plug-ins config page, I see nothing under "Download Filters".  Is this where I should be seeing a list of all the movies for which theme songs have been downloaded?

If you post a log, then Radeon will probably be able to see where it is going wrong.

pclausen

Looks like it's working now.  Had to reboot the physical server (not just the media browser server), and then go into Advanced/Scheduled Tasks and kick of a scan of my movie library

The release notes states that this supposedly works on the Roku as well, but only TV Theme songs (I purchased that as well) seems to be working there and under configuration (on the Roku) I'm only seeing options to toggle TV Theme Songs on and off, not Movie TV Songs.

MB Plus is simply an enhanced EHS, An addon for any theme.  I probably assume you are either using Classic or Chocolate.

Ok so you are basically saying that the next/prev buttons allow you to enter the next or previous library item but the song doesn't change to represent the new item's song.  Can I ask if the backdrop changes when you enter the new item from the next/prev buttons?

Hey there Cheesegeezer, Sorry about the long delay here but I have been too caught up in other stuff to get back to this. Anyway, let me try to give you a complete picture. 

I'm experiencing a problem in MBC Plus with the Chocolate theme using server Version 3.0.5340.21263, movie theme songs plugin version 1.1.1.0. 

Basically the problem has persisted. When I go to see all my movies and I am looking at my movies in chocolate I will click on a movie to see its details- the movie theme plays. I then hit Backspace on the keyboard to return to the movie menu and at this time the music is still playing. I enter a different movie's detail page and the previous movie's music continues to play and not the movie I am currently looking at. The same thing occurs if I go from the first movie to the second movie using the Previous or Next buttons in the movie details page. 

let me know if you need to see a log or if this is something you have run into before. Please also let me know if you need any other details I may have omitted. As always thanks for your time.

Cheers, 

JVTM

Hey @@Cheesegeezer, I got another one for you. I am actually not sure if this belongs here in this thread or in the server thread but as it seems to be related to the movie theme music plugin i'm starting here. 

I noticed that for some movies, all my clients display what appears to be soundtrack artwork in place of the movie artwork. I noticed that in these folders the server is not downloading movie artwork into these folders. To see what I mean take a look at these screenshots. There is no folder.jpg file in the movie folder and even if I delete the movie.xml file I still only get this album artwork which seems to be artwork embedded into the .mp3 file which was downloaded by the movie theme music plugin. Have you ever encountered this and know of a simple solution? Is there anything I can do to have it download the appropriate artwork and not use the soundtrack artwork? This also happens to some tv series as well. Thanks for your help.

53f3c8ebeae93_Capture.jpg

53f3c8fbefcf4_Capture2.jpg

Cheesegeezer

Hey @@Cheesegeezer, I got another one for you. I am actually not sure if this belongs here in this thread or in the server thread but as it seems to be related to the movie theme music plugin i'm starting here. 

I noticed that for some movies, all my clients display what appears to be soundtrack artwork in place of the movie artwork. I noticed that in these folders the server is not downloading movie artwork into these folders. To see what I mean take a look at these screenshots. There is no folder.jpg file in the movie folder and even if I delete the movie.xml file I still only get this album artwork which seems to be artwork embedded into the .mp3 file which was downloaded by the movie theme music plugin. Have you ever encountered this and know of a simple solution? Is there anything I can do to have it download the appropriate artwork and not use the soundtrack artwork? This also happens to some tv series as well. Thanks for your help.

53f3c8ebeae93_Capture.jpg

53f3c8fbefcf4_Capture2.jpg

Are you adding artwork to the theme song?

Are you ripping the music from the DVD/Bluray?  

Or are you accessing your music thru WMC and not MBC?

The reason it looks like the folder.jpg isn't downloading is because there is a hidden system file in the folder.  You have to enable hidden files and  uncheck hide system protected files in the organiser.

Here's how to do it.  See Screen shot below.

1. Open any folder it doesn't matter

2. Click the "organise button and then select "Folder & Search Options" ..... Another window will open Click the View Tab at the top.

3. Select the Show Hidden Folders and Files.

4. Uncheck "Hide Protected Operating system Files" another box will open asking if you are sure, just accept it.

Then go and check your movie folders and tell me if you can now see a folder.jpg.  If you can.... delete it. Do this for all offending items in your library.... Don't open WMP or WMC.

Then in the MB Web metadata manager, go to refresh and select "Advanced Refresh"

Select the "None" for Metadata Refresh Mode . 

For Images Refresh Mode: "Download Missing Images"

Hopefully that should sort you out.

post-71-0-81007200-1408491395_thumb.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

I'll answer your questions now and then try the steps you suggested:

Not adding artwork

Music is through iTunes

Not ripping the theme music...it's being downloaded via the plugin

Are you adding artwork to the theme song?

Are you ripping the music from the DVD/Bluray?  

Or are you accessing your music thru WMC and not MBC?

The reason it looks like the folder.jpg isn't downloading is because there is a hidden system file in the folder.  You have to enable hidden files and  uncheck hide system protected files in the organiser.

Here's how to do it.  See Screen shot below.

1. Open any folder it doesn't matter

2. Click the "organise button and then select "Folder & Search Options" ..... Another window will open Click the View Tab at the top.

3. Select the Show Hidden Folders and Files.

4. Uncheck "Hide Protected Operating system Files" another box will open asking if you are sure, just accept it.

Then go and check your movie folders and tell me if you can now see a folder.jpg.  If you can.... delete it. Do this for all offending items in your library.... Don't open WMP or WMC.

Then in the MB Web metadata manager, go to refresh and select "Advanced Refresh"

Select the "None" for Metadata Refresh Mode . 

For Images Refresh Mode: "Download Missing Images"

Hopefully that should sort you out.

Hey @@Cheesegeezer that seems to have done the trick! However I appear to have missed a few movies. I imagine that I can repeat this process, right? Additionally, do you have any advice on what I could have done to cause this problem? I'd like to avoid repeating this issue if possible. Thanks again!

Cheesegeezer

Hey @@Cheesegeezer that seems to have done the trick! However I appear to have missed a few movies. I imagine that I can repeat this process, right? Additionally, do you have any advice on what I could have done to cause this problem? I'd like to avoid repeating this issue if possible. Thanks again!

Good Stuff Mate.

The only thing I can think is that iTunes is set to automatically download artwork, but saying that iTunes normally embeds the artwork in with the metadata for the music so that ipods can see the artwork without having seperate files to for artwork.. Or if you have accidently hit the music button on your remote and it's taken you to WMC Music.  There is an option to prevent WMP and WMC automatically downloading artwork.

To Prevent WMP downloading artwork (incase this gets opened)

1. Open Windows Media Player 12

2. Click Organize, click Options and then click the Library tab

3. In the Automatic media information updates for files area, make sure that 'Retrieve additional information from the Internet' is not checked. 

4. This should prevent Media Player from overwriting what you have added.

To Prevent WMC downloading artwork (incase the Music gets opened)

1. Open Setting in WMC

2. Click on General

3. Click on Automatic Download Options

4. Uncheck "Download CD Album Art, DVD cover, blah blah"

5. Click Save.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
farside847

Hey @@AndyM

Unfortunately your folder structure isnt supported by the theme videos.

As its locally stored metadata, you would need to have a folder per movie so a theme vid or song can be stored in each individual folder.

All the best,

So if I have all my movies in one folder I can not use this plugin? Do you plan to support a flat folder structure in the future?

Thanks!

radeon

So if I have all my movies in one folder I can not use this plugin? Do you plan to support a flat folder structure in the future?

Thanks!

I would gladly support it in the future, however, im at the mercy of MBS in terms of the way it expects the media. If it was somehow supported by the server then i could add the option.

I would personally recommend you switch to individual folders and save meta data locally for each movie, I find things so much easier the manage that way.

farside847

I would gladly support it in the future, however, im at the mercy of MBS in terms of the way it expects the media. If it was somehow supported by the server then i could add the option.

I would personally recommend you switch to individual folders and save meta data locally for each movie, I find things so much easier the manage that way.

Got it. Thanks for the reply! I found a batch file that might help me redo my directory structure easily. I'm gonna give it a try :)

farside847

I converted my directories and it is working much better now. Thanks again!

I noticed something else that might be a configuration error on my part. In the roku app when you select a movie and land on the movie detail page the theme plays as expected. But then if you press right or left on the remote to bring up the next movie in the list the old theme continues to play. Is there a setting that will tell the roku to play the theme for the new movie displayed?

Thanks!

radeon

I converted my directories and it is working much better now. Thanks again!

I noticed something else that might be a configuration error on my part. In the roku app when you select a movie and land on the movie detail page the theme plays as expected. But then if you press right or left on the remote to bring up the next movie in the list the old theme continues to play. Is there a setting that will tell the roku to play the theme for the new movie displayed?

Thanks!

That sounds to me like a bug. Unfortunately its one out of my control, these plugins supply the media to MBS, how all of the clients handle them is up to them. I would recommend posting in the roku forums. :-D

• 3 months later...
Boinkers

Hi, I get the following error when trying to update Theme Songs:

2014-12-03 07:30:07.4230 Error - App: Movie Theme Songs - Error downloading movie theme song for Snowpiercer
 Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Resolvers.EntityResolutionHelper' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5445.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException
    at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.Search.LocalMovieThemeSongDownloader.<DownloadMovieThemeSongForItem>d__1.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
    at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.Search.LocalMovieThemeSongDownloader.DownloadMovieThemeSongForItem(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String html, String uploadedhtml)
    at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeSongs.ScheduledTasks.LocalMovieThemeSongDownloadTask.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()

Any idea what could be the problem?

radeon

Thanks ebr

Sorry all, I've been away for the last week or so and just got back today. The plugins are all fixed and released. 1.1.1.1 is the version you need for the latest mbs release.

• 3 months later...
jj12345

For those of us unwilling to reorganize our movies is there a way to turn off the theme for our non-boxset folders while leaving the feature on for boxsets?

radeon

For those of us unwilling to reorganize our movies is there a way to turn off the theme for our non-boxset folders while leaving the feature on for boxsets?

Not at the minute, It could definitely be added as a feature in a later release.

• 3 months later...
2webbed

Hi

I had puchased the 4 pack awhile ago.

My windows machine recently crashed.

I installed Emby on my new server using the Docker install.

Now all 4 of your plugins indicate trial expired.

How do I get the license back?

My supporter key is working but apparrently it no longer knows about your plugins.

Thanks so much.

radeon

Hey, @@2webbed,

The licences are tied to your supporter key so as soon as you put it back in, you should be back up and running. Have you tried restarting the Emby Server Instance?

Failing that, drop me an email or a PM with you email address and supporter key and i'll get you sorted :-)