Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

rmanTX
5 minutes ago, radeon said:

You'll need to be a premier user and have used the same email address for your premier subscription as you used for the plugin purchase. If you didn't, drop me a pm with your details and I can sort for you

that's what it is then. I'm premier, but my paypal was different. Message inbound.

• 2 weeks later...
JsinFate

Hi guys.

I wanted to know if there was a way to troubleshoot or manually add movie theme songs? My plugin settings says that I have theme songs installed but they are missing from the movie folders.

For instance, Halloween, the plugin says that I have the song but when I go to the movie in Emby it does not play and there is no theme song in the folder. It may be showing the theme for the 2007 version instead of the original. The remake has the theme song but not the original. I notice that list of downloaded theme songs does not show the movie year, maybe this is a limitation?

Could the fact that I have 2 movies named Halloween be preventing the download of the original theme song? Halloween (1978) is a very popular movie, I can't imagine there isn't a theme song for it.

image.thumb.png.93dede4bed26a5c64c3a2a2d905208e1.png

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
radeon
17 hours ago, apachelance said:

I am interested in this plugin. However currently all of my movies are in one folder. If I understand it right then this plugin requires a single folder for every movie according to these requirements https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179-theme-songs-videos

Is this correct? 

Yep 🙂

apachelance
2 hours ago, radeon said:

Yep 🙂

Ok, then I'm out 😉 Doesn't makes sense for me to put every single mkv in a separate folder.

MBSki
9 minutes ago, apachelance said:

Ok, then I'm out 😉 Doesn't makes sense for me to put every single mkv in a separate folder.

That's the structure that the entire system uses. You don't have any other issues with your movie library? If you still have a relatively small library, I'd suggest changing it now so it works with new features in the future. 

apachelance
25 minutes ago, MBSki said:

That's the structure that the entire system uses. You don't have any other issues with your movie library? If you still have a relatively small library, I'd suggest changing it now so it works with new features in the future. 

I have a bigger collection and not using external files (e.g. nfo or srt). Anything else is fine. Therefore I don't have the need for so many subfolders.

MBSki
1 hour ago, apachelance said:

I have a bigger collection and not using external files (e.g. nfo or srt). Anything else is fine. Therefore I don't have the need for so many subfolders.

Got it.

apachelance

Ok, I've changed my mind and just reorganising my movies in subfolders. 😉 Fortunately there is a free tool to move files into folders.

• Haha 1

Hello, I purchased the TV and Movie plugins pack directly from the website via paypal. I later noticed my paypal email is different from Emby premier. Can you help correct this? Radeon, I messaged you my purchase details.

apachelance

I have two questions related to the config:

1) It says: "Click the - to delete the names of the themes you would like the plugin to download again.Click the + and enter the name of the item as displayed in MBS to prevent future downloads of that theme." --> However I cannot see a -/+ icon, only the trashcan.

2) I don't get it what this "New Theme Song Filter" is all about. I entered a movie name but nothing happened.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
JoeAverage92
On 7/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, JsinFate said:

Hi guys.

I wanted to know if there was a way to troubleshoot or manually add movie theme songs? My plugin settings says that I have theme songs installed but they are missing from the movie folders.

For instance, Halloween, the plugin says that I have the song but when I go to the movie in Emby it does not play and there is no theme song in the folder. It may be showing the theme for the 2007 version instead of the original. The remake has the theme song but not the original. I notice that list of downloaded theme songs does not show the movie year, maybe this is a limitation?

Could the fact that I have 2 movies named Halloween be preventing the download of the original theme song? Halloween (1978) is a very popular movie, I can't imagine there isn't a theme song for it.

image.thumb.png.93dede4bed26a5c64c3a2a2d905208e1.png

Thank you.

Same case for the movie theme video. For instance with Dune (1984) vs Dune (2021). The list of downloaded theme videos does not show the movie year, therfore only one version of the films gets a theme.

@radeon

Hi Radeon, I am having trouble with this.  Running TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1.  On all 4 plugins, when I try, I just get 0kB files for the video and the theme.  I checked the ACL and everything is good.  If I delete the 0k files, they just get recreated next time I run it.  Hoping you can help.

Also, the (20) log file I tried downloading videos....getting a bunch of files not found on remote server as well as local errors too.  

Thanks

embyserver (17).txt

embyserver (20).txt

Edited by jbl77

mike3821

I’m having issues saying it’s in the filter list but I’ve delete and try re downloading again.

it’s not picking up any themes now??

radeon
On 31/08/2022 at 07:57, jbl77 said:

@radeon

Hi Radeon, I am having trouble with this.  Running TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1.  On all 4 plugins, when I try, I just get 0kB files for the video and the theme.  I checked the ACL and everything is good.  If I delete the 0k files, they just get recreated next time I run it.  Hoping you can help.

Also, the (20) log file I tried downloading videos....getting a bunch of files not found on remote server as well as local errors too.  

Thanks

embyserver (17).txt 87.32 kB · 0 downloads

embyserver (20).txt 32.97 kB · 0 downloads

Try turning off audio normalisation 

radeon
7 hours ago, mike3821 said:

I’m having issues saying it’s in the filter list but I’ve delete and try re downloading again.

it’s not picking up any themes now??

Did you make sure you hit save after deleting all the filters?

mike3821
33 minutes ago, radeon said:

Did you make sure you hit save after deleting all the filters?

Yes.

I'm getting the following error multiple times through my logs?

image.thumb.png.8de8066538f045007fbccd447e0efaa0.png

radeon
10 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Yes.

I'm getting the following error multiple times through my logs?

image.thumb.png.8de8066538f045007fbccd447e0efaa0.png

That's just from you cancelling the scheduled task. 

Pm me a full fresh debug log after a restart of one of the plugins running to completion

mike3821
12 minutes ago, radeon said:

That's just from you cancelling the scheduled task. 

Pm me a full fresh debug log after a restart of one of the plugins running to completion

Sent.

Seems like I have multiple messages like this?

Pepcola619

Radeon

I bought a pack of 4 plugins, but unknowingly bought them through another email, is it possible to transfer them to the main profile.?

• 2 months later...
carbonbaseunit
On 11/13/2021 at 5:48 AM, MBSki said:

@radeon I believe I've asked this before, but is there any way to fix the matching of theme music to movies? I just added Just Friends to my library. The movie with Aston Kutcher Ryan Reynolds and the theme song was....MY LITTLE (FREAKIN') PONY!!! 😂 How the heck is the My Little Pony theme song getting matched up with Just Friends? Is a computer doing the matching? If so, the logic is WAY off. There's gotta be someway this can be fixed because the matching is terrible right now.  

Hi @MBSki,

Did you get this problem solved?  I am running into hundreds of completely off themes.  My naming conventions and metadata are pretty stellar so it could not be that.  

MBSki
6 hours ago, carbonbaseunit said:

Hi @MBSki,

Did you get this problem solved?  I am running into hundreds of completely off themes.  My naming conventions and metadata are pretty stellar so it could not be that.  

Nope. All I've ever received as a response is that there's no control over what theme songs are selected. I guess it's a community driven site with a moderator that doesn't allow community feedback. It's definitely disappointing. Really wish there was better control over the theme songs that are identified.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
Luke66689

Hey! 

Are there any problems known with the plugins since the emby beta version 4.8.0.19?

Since I got this beta update, theme songs will only be played while I'm online in my home network. When I'm not in my home network or at my parents place, where it worked before, it's not playing any theme songs.

36 minutes ago, Luke66689 said:

Hey! 

Are there any problems known with the plugins since the emby beta version 4.8.0.19?

Since I got this beta update, theme songs will only be played while I'm online in my home network. When I'm not in my home network or at my parents place, where it worked before, it's not playing any theme songs.

The plugin isn't involved with the playback of the themes. It just downloads them and puts them in the right place for Emby to use them.

So, if it's only a playback issue, the problem is with main Emby.

• Like 1