Movie Theme Songs Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

2 minutes ago, Kured said:

The list is accurate, and you have nothing to contribute here :)

Considering that I'm part of the Emby Team and handle much of the support, I'd say you don't know what you're talking about.

While we try and allow people to vent, we will not put up with any berating of devs, mods, team members or other customers, nor will we put up with foul or abusive language.   That is just something we will not tolerate, so please just stop that as we try to keep this a family friendly forum.

We honestly want to help you here so please provide the information requested so that you can get help.  Let's start with you server log file.  

Kured

Pointless arguing/debating/discussing with people on here, so comment has been edited. Comment can be removed.

Edited by Kured

Do you want help with your problem or do you want to lecture us? Stop the PMs, stop the posts here and please just provide the information asked for so people can help you.

Is that too much to ask? How can we help you if you won't help yourself by posting the information being asked for?

• Haha 1

Kured

Pointless arguing/debating/discussing with people on here, so comment has been edited. Comment can be removed.

Edited by Kured

Kured

Edited by Kured

clarkss12
2 hours ago, NErdgOd56 said:

i was looking at the wrong logs, in the correct logs they show up as downloading but they never show up in my media folders like the tv songs, no errors just missing songs

ps sorry for the thread clutter that guy ticked me off.

Sad

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NErdgOd56 said:

i was looking at the wrong logs, in the correct logs they show up as downloading but they never show up in my media folders like the tv songs, no errors just missing songs

ps sorry for the thread clutter that guy ticked me off.

Hi can you show a snipped from the log or the server log itself?

NErdgOd56

@cayars  @radeon It seems it was the api limit causing mine not to work, gave it a few days, re-ran the task, no problems whatsoever. 

"patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"

Edited by NErdgOd56

• 4 months later...
MBSki

@radeon I believe I've asked this before, but is there any way to fix the matching of theme music to movies? I just added Just Friends to my library. The movie with Aston Kutcher Ryan Reynolds and the theme song was....MY LITTLE (FREAKIN') PONY!!! 😂 How the heck is the My Little Pony theme song getting matched up with Just Friends? Is a computer doing the matching? If so, the logic is WAY off. There's gotta be someway this can be fixed because the matching is terrible right now.  

Edited by mbarylski
Corrected actor name

• 1 month later...
shredfiend

I recently replaced the hardware for an Emby server that has been running for many years. I am a Premiere member with a Lifetime subscription plan. I had all four theme/song plug-ins registered and running on my old server. After moving over all content and restoring a configuration backup to the new server (with key in place), the products log "only allowed for Registered Users" messages. What must be done to properly register the products on the new server?

I searched the forums for the answer. Apologies if I've missed a previous post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Scrouples23

Would someone be able to assist? I have the Movie Theme Song plugin(fully paid and activated) but I am running into a weird issue where I have a folder of about 180 of my Ultra 4K UHD movies and the it is only finding approximately 158 of them. I have reset the filters in the plug in and hit save and run the plug in countless times. It seems occasionally it will pull one of the missing ones here and there but some(for example Batman Begins) it just will not find.

Is there something I can try to get it to pull the missing themes?

Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...
FancyNerd92

Hello, i bought the TV + Movie plugin and they don't work properly. I scaned my libraries and they don't download the theme songs in my movie/tv show files.

Plz help.

Send me a PM for giving you my mail address that i have in PayPal/Premiere.

Thanks

It's a third party product that downloads the themed media automatically for you.  It typically finds about 3/4 of media, gets a few wrong as well.  You can search the net, grab your own and drop in for anything missing or wrong.

Emby does the playing of the media once the media is part of the folder.

BillOatman

Yeah and 3/4 might be lower depending upon what you have in your library.  Auto grabbing of the movie ones is tricky, and the web site that has tv themes doesn't currently do streaming service ones like Apple and paramount etc. 

What I do when not found, or even before if I know its from Apple and won't be found, is go to youtube and search for the title music.  Select a good one (this is what the auto movie downloader does, and sometimes fails or gets a bad one) and rip it's audio and save to a file called theme.mp3 in the tv series directory (don't know where for movies because I don't bother with themes for those).

• Agree 1

sydlexius
52 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Yeah and 3/4 might be lower depending upon what you have in your library.  Auto grabbing of the movie ones is tricky, and the web site that has tv themes doesn't currently do streaming service ones like Apple and paramount etc. 

What I do when not found, or even before if I know its from Apple and won't be found, is go to youtube and search for the title music.  Select a good one (this is what the auto movie downloader does, and sometimes fails or gets a bad one) and rip it's audio and save to a file called theme.mp3 in the tv series directory (don't know where for movies because I don't bother with themes for those).

Along the lines of what Bill is suggesting, if you are able to find a theme you like on Youtube, you can use yt-dlp (command-line only) to grab the audio track using a command-line such as this:

yt-dlp -f 'ba' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ -o 'theme.%(ext)s'

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
carbonbaseunit

Hi!
I love the plugin.  Was wondering what to do when there is an error in a theme?  I've noticed a few themes that are incorrect.  Is there a place to go to report?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Swift

Is this still supported? I installed the plugin as a trial but nothing downloaded. Sent a PM to Radeon a few days ago and haven't received a reply.

Emby Log:

2022-05-25 07:38:38.833 Info App: Movie Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 6/2/2022 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: True
2022-05-25 07:38:38.833 Info App: Movie Theme Songs
2022-05-25 07:38:38.833 Info App: In Trial - Downloading movie theme songs is only allowed for Registered Users

radeon

Yup, still supported, I just work away a lot. 

The log is right, no trial is offered as they don't offer playback functionality, they just download the theme media. 

• 1 month later...
rmanTX

Hi everyone, just downloaded the 4 plugins, I have no idea how to use them, bear with me.

I downloaded/installed all 4

Ran the scheduled tasks

Nothing has changed, it's been about 2 hours. I got an activation code, I don't know what to do with that.
No theme music, the list of themes is blank, etc.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 102006.jpg

radeon

You'll need to be a premier user and have used the same email address for your premier subscription as you used for the plugin purchase. If you didn't, drop me a pm with your details and I can sort for you