How to refresh Guide

apefray

apefray

Silly question time, but I've swapped from IPTV to a HDHomerun device and everything is setup and working. I am using Schedules Direct for the EPG and it populates all the channels as expected, however, it hasn't removed all the old IPTV guide entries (channels 0, 2.22, 6 and 10 in the below list, there are others beyond this).

5ab9091b65c15_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Guide.

I have refreshed the Guide many times but it will not remove the old IPTV Guide data. How can I remove this old data?

Cheers

Edited by apefray

apefray

Hi Luke,

Yes, removed the IPTV M3U and XMTV for the guide, then added the HDHomerun device and then added Schedules direct for the EPG. Did a guide refresh and its working fine,except it still remembers the XMLTV Guide entries.

Is there a file I can delete and start again with the Guide Data?

apefray

Not sure if it helps, but if I go to channel mappings, the list comprises the Schedules Direct Data only. Nothing for the old XMTV Data?

Oh, and I'm using Version 3.3.1.0

Edited by apefray

apefray

How do you run a library scan on Live TV? I can see all the other Library's bar Live TV?

Actually, hold that thought. I presume you mean 'Scan All Libraries' which I have started. Taking a while but its at 91%

Edited by apefray

apefray

This shows it better:

5ab91dac5ac0f_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Channe

All the coloured blocks are the old XMLTV data (including channels 0 and 6.6). This is after a full Library Scan

Edited by apefray

apefray

I assume there is a cache for the EPG data, seeing as its still showing after it has been removed. Can this cache be deleted and rebuilt afresh?

apefray

A little bit more info. I had the thought, why not remove the Schedules Direct Guide, then do a guide refresh and start from scratch? Errr, no. I removed the Guide as can be seen here:

5aba9ff3155d6_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Setup.

Refreshed the Guide, so in theory should be blank/nothing, however the guide is showing this still:

5abaa0572a230_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Guide_

Just how do you get Emby to remove the data *Puzzled*

PenkethBoy

Try deleting the tuner, refresh the guide, reboot the emby server, re add the tuner and SD

Hopefully that should flush the database out of the old entries

apefray

Hi PenkethBoy,

Tried that, as you can see I now have nothing setup:

5abb596d1395e_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Nothin

Refreshed the Guide, restarted Emby, refreshed the Guide again and guess what I am seeing:

5abb5995e2c62_Capture_Emby_LiveTV_Nothin

Interestingly, even though nothing actually exists in the Live TV setup, the Guide as shown above is actually up to date? Its on the right date and the right time still, so somewhere its still running but as you can see I have nothing left in my setup.

i have now re added the HDHomerun and the Schedules Direct Guide, did a refresh once again, and were back to square one. Still showing the old XMLTV Guide. I just cannot get rid of it it seems, even removing everything has no effect  :(

Edited by apefray

PenkethBoy

is a xmltv file hanging around somewhere? - try setting it up again and then delete it setup - might clear things out

or that old data is in the DBase and is not getting cleared - which would be a pain as unless you know what to look for editing the db is not advised by the dev's (although its not difficult) - or a db rebuild from scratch!

Hopefully Luke know's how to clear the old entries

apefray

Think I may have found it, thanks to your hint PenkethBoy.

I'm running Emby as a Docker on Unraid, not sure that makes any difference or not, but under \cache\appdata\EmbyServer\cache\xmltv there's a bunch of files:

5abb9aef76aaa_Capture_Emby_XMLTV.jpg

These mention both the old XMLTV data and the new Schedules Direct data, so can only assume this is where it is pulling it from. Trouble is, I can't delete them and start afresh as it keeps saying 'You require permission from Unix User\daemon to make changes to this file'

I wonder if Emby is having the same issue trying to delete them i.e. it could well be a permission thing happening?

apefray

Hi Luke,

I've tried everything to remove these IPTV entries and there still appearing. Do you have any other suggestions on how to remove them, even if it means stripping them out of the Database manually  :(

apefray

Another update, to try and resolve this.

I have installed a 2nd Emby server, this time on Windows just to test things out. Again, having added the HD-Homerun and then an IPTV service and then removing the IPTV service and refreshing the guide, again it isn't removing the Channel entries so now I don't believe it to be an issue with Emby running through a Docker on Unraid but more of a general issue that needs looking at.

Hi, I will be digging deeper into this soon. This doesn't have an easy answer because I can't reproduce it. For example, I add an m3u tuner, then I see the new channels in the guide. Then I remove the m3u tuner, run the guide refresh process, and the channels are gone as expected.

apefray

Hi Luke,

Yes both installs of Emby Server are v3.3.1.0. I made some progress with this last night after much head scratching. I have managed to get it to finally remove the erroneous entries after many attempts. I ended up refreshing the guide, restarting Emby, refreshing guide many many times on both installs and eventually Emby removed them. Probably not as easy as it should be, but got there in the end nonetheless.

I look forward to having more control over Live TV, one of which is the ability to remove channels from the list that I do not want displayed, as I cannot do this through the M3U link :)

• 1 year later...

Hi

Did anyone find a solution to this as I’m having the same problem with guide data not refreshing?

Thanks

@@Muzz1986 can you please describe your problem in more detail? What exactly are you seeing? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
AboveUnrefined

Hello!

I'm hitting the exact same problem, tried adding an M3U to my LiveTV sources and am trying to remove it but all the data from the M3U remains. The guide is all FUBAR now; I use a HDHomerunPRIME and was wanting to add a new M3U IPTV source...

I've been hitting "Refresh Guide Data" and it sits around staying at 100%, never finishing...

Now I'm trying to figure out how to blast the LiveTV EPG/Data and not have to reinitialize a new Emby instance from this...

**EDIT**
Looking at the logs, it looks like it's just taking a very long time to remove everything, perhaps things will finish afterall... I'll update my post once/if it complete

**EDIT**

I went ahead and restarted the server, made sure nobody else was using it, and did a "Refresh Guide Data" - after about 30+ minutes everything cleared out that was supposed to so I think we're good now. Looks like it just takes a very long time to actually complete wiping out the data... I'm not sure if utilization while the removal process was going on was causing issue as well but now things are alright so I can move on..

Edited by AboveUnrefined