Live TV catchup feature

1080p4me

2 hours ago, andrepfoster said:

Hi, what is the status ? Any progress of using catch-up channels into emby ?
Thanks!

Hi, it's always possible for the future. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
EODCrafter
On 11/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, Luke said:

Hi, it's always possible for the future. Thanks.

The future is now....Any Progress @Luke

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
hugs11

Hey,
Just for notice, this is the function that would made me go emby premiere.
When you have a decent iptv provider and an iptv app providing catch-up support, you don't have to think anymore to record anything, because you have 15 days (in my case) where all your tv programs are accessible, and it does not use disk space.
For the moment i have to use a standelone iptv app and an other for my media.
I hope one day i can have an app that can handle all my medias and my live tv including catch-up !

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
CyberPoison

I'm also interested in this feature  @Luke Any ETA for this feature ? it's allready released, it is in development ? 
What kind of conditions for that to work ? I have my own TVheadend server with 2 octo tunners at home and i would love to have such feature !
Can you do some forcing in that development, so we could know the progress ? 

I'm prety sure many of us here would like such feature and a guide to make catch-up from our tvheadend servers and xteve IPTV source.

Kind regards.

I'm impatient for a feature such like this one, i usually only ask for bugs fix but and Dolby Vision support but now i'm forced to say then this feature will be really something than the community appreciate. 

I don't understand how such simple feature doesn't have been developed yet.

Edited by CyberPoison

CyberPoison
On 3/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, jmarcet said:

Hi,

I'm really interested in having this feature. I would like to add some suggestions.

I recently developed a flussonic catchup proxy for my ISP provider, so that I can consume my 7 catchup days with clients like Android TV's TiviMate IPTV Player.

Having done that I learned about Flussonic specifics, and I'm confident it's the easiest cacthup system to implement.

The only changes needed for the m3u channel list is adding two fields to the EXTM3U header:

For instance, with my proxy, a live tv channel url could be:

A corresponding Flussonic catchup url would be:

Where 1616516358 is the timestamp which defines what instant to start playback at, and 2100 is the time length. In my case the latter has no effect, so it is needed but the value does not matter, it can be a 0.

The rationale TiviMate applies here is replacing the last part of the channel url with /video-{timestamp}-{duration}.m3u8

Again, with my proxy the extension does not matter, it can matter to the client, though. For instance, while mpv can play a url like that, vlc fails, yet changing the extension to .mpeg makes it work.

I can't provide more details about a real Flussonic server since I only implemented what was needed to make TiviMate work. Now I miss being able to access that from my laptop or mobile, which Emby could do beautifully.

Maybe you can help me to find a tool that can generate Catch-up for some days and make a m3u url a tool like xteve or something like this. That will be able to record 7 Days Back and then import epg and export to a m3u file and i could import on emby when this feature will be avalaible maybe in 5743 years since we are requesting for this now 4 / 5 years back .

EODCrafter
19 hours ago, CyberPoison said:

Maybe you can help me to find a tool that can generate Catch-up for some days and make a m3u url a tool like xteve or something like this. That will be able to record 7 Days Back and then import epg and export to a m3u file and i could import on emby when this feature will be avalaible maybe in 5743 years since we are requesting for this now 4 / 5 years back .

Nah, I vote for just being able to scroll backwards thru the EPG and selecting a program that is available like TiviMate™️!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...