ServerWMC Problems

bolinao

bolinao

I installed ServerWMC app in my dashboard and it seemed to install correctly.

But when I click on the Live TV button in the Roku app,I get a message saying " Problem Loading Recordings.There was a problem while trying to get a list of recordings from the server".

I then click ok,then next click channels,but it just says retreiving ,but it never gets any channels.

Also on the dashboard on my computer I get the following message " Status: Unavailable (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9080)"

I tried to install ServerWMC-1129 on my Windows 8 computer but got the following message:

532ca93bf2ddd_serverwmcerror.jpg

So whats going on please,how can I get live channels working ? thanks

Edited by bolinao

krustyreturns

Do you have Windows Media Center (wmc) installed and configured on the machine you are trying to install the serverwmc msi on?

BATTLE DONKEY

You need WMC installed and configured in order for serverwmc to work. Serverwmc uses the feed from media centre do distribute it to the different clients. If your not planning on installing or using WMC then you will need to wait for another live TV/PVR back end plugin to be released such as NextPVR which from what I understand is in development along with a few others

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

stay tuned because we have a next pvr implementation of live tv coming in the next 2-3 weeks. it will not require wmc.

chipper

Of course, shortly after I purchased WMC :)

That's OK.  I used Next PVR for about a year and didn't have any issues with it.  I like WMC because the EPG is easier to set up (doesn't require additional software/steps).

Good to know that if I ever want to move back to Next PVR it will work with MB3.

• Like 1

sbaeder@aol.com

Ok,I will have to wait then,I cant justify spending $129 on wmc just for this.

thanks

So you said windows 8.1 - right?   WMC is an addon for win8, but not for $129...

Also, what kind of tuner are you using?

AdrianW

The Media Center add on for Win 8 or 8.1 is only $9.99

Edited by AdrianW

chipper

@@rubepeta - I don't know if having a cable card will help any with ServerWMC.  I don't think it can play encrypted shows (I could be WAY off).

Last year I purchased a Ceton tuner and cable card from the cable company and had nothing but issues with it.  Sometimes it didn't tune a channel and the program was missed.  A few times it wouldn't let me play it back stating it was encrypted (this on an XBOX frontend and on the PC that recorded it).  I shipped the Ceton back.

A friend joked that I've used every TV software.  Not quite true, but I've a lot of the years - MythTV, SageTV (lousy Google), NextPVR (with XBMC), WMC.  All have + and -.

Currently I have WMC and it does what I need.

krustyreturns

For win 8 it can be $129, because you can only add wmc to the 'pro' version and up, not to the basic version.

Edited by krustyreturns

rubepeta

@@rubepeta - I don't know if having a cable card will help any with ServerWMC.  I don't think it can play encrypted shows (I could be WAY off).

Last year I purchased a Ceton tuner and cable card from the cable company and had nothing but issues with it.  Sometimes it didn't tune a channel and the program was missed.  A few times it wouldn't let me play it back stating it was encrypted (this on an XBOX frontend and on the PC that recorded it).  I shipped the Ceton back.

A friend joked that I've used every TV software.  Not quite true, but I've a lot of the years - MythTV, SageTV (lousy Google), NextPVR (with XBMC), WMC.  All have + and -.

Currently I have WMC and it does what I need.

I have a friend use uses a Ceton and has all kinds of problems, I personally use 2 HDHomeRun Prime cablecard tuners and have never had problems with them and WMC... I only use WMC for the backend, I use ServerWMC to with both MB3 and my XBMC OpenElec boxes.....

Edited by rubepeta