"Home Screen Content" unchecking boxes does not remove libraries from the home screen.

snarfsnarfed

snarfsnarfed

Hey

I have come across an issue in Chrome and Firefox browsers (my friends have tested on their end, they also confirm it's not to be working) In the web browser > My media settings > Home screen content > unticking the boxes, no longer removes the selected libraries from the home screen. All libraries remain unchanged from being displayed on the home page.

Server version: 3.3.1.0

Edited by snarfsnarfed

Happy2Play

Looks like the descriptions need updated as this only applys to the sub-sections not My Media.

Home Screen Content
Allow items to appear on my home screen from:

Only way to remove a library is block access via User.

Edited by Happy2Play

Right, if it removed the library from the home screen, then how would you ever access that library? At that point you might as well just use user permissions to block the whole library from that user.

snarfsnarfed

Generally, I thought this was a user choice, if a user wanted to display a library or not for themselves. If they ever fancied changing their mind about displaying a library or not using the Home Screen Content: "check boxes", they could of set that up for themselves. Rather than have a server admin do "per user library access"

As Happy2Play pointed out the description mislead my thought process..

Looks like the descriptions need updated as this only applys to the sub-sections not My Media.

Home Screen Content
Allow items to appear on my home screen from:

Only way to remove a library is block access via User.

Thanks for the clarification on this description wording and how it is supposed to work as intended.

Edited by snarfsnarfed