Android TV does not remember password or login info

Jay99

Yes, please confirm what you have set the login behavior to (first option in settings).  We don't default this on in TV apps because they are typically used in shared situations.

Jdiesel

Also see this. App fails to load on the first attempt. Second attempt usually works but requests the login information.

deallier

Hi

i have the same problem

and yes it is set to login as the last user but 8 times out of ten i does not work 

plus occasionally the app won't start the first time

and your new beta Emby tv V 1.5.63g

is the same 

thanks

Hi

i have the same problem

and yes it is set to login as the last user but 8 times out of ten i does not work 

plus occasionally the app won't start the first time

and your new beta Emby tv V 1.5.63g

is the same 

thanks

Hi.  Please see the link posted above for instructions on reproducing and reporting this issue.

It sounds like a potential network problem where the initial login attempt is failing.

deallier

hi 

thanks but it is not a network problem it only happens with emby tv  plus the server is not on the locale network but 20 miles away on a fiber line

so all connections  are WAN and not on the https 

i would have though that the connection works the same as Emby for android maybe i am wrong 

thanks 

ps : Ebr i would be more than happy to give you access to the server to see you or Luke 

emby is a great system works really well with chrome but the apps just let it down 

i am sure it will get there in the end

@@deallier, can you provide the information that @@ebr requested? We are happy to help. Just click the link he posted and scroll down to the bottom. There are instructions on how you can submit an android tv app log. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
x-cimo

Same issue here. I just sent logs 3 minutes ago.

I have the setting to save password. However on the shield remote when I press back all the way so emby closed and I get back to the Android TV launcher. The next time I start emby it will display a connection error then bring me to the list of users. If I enter the password it works fine... Until I do the same thing.

User was JP

Thanks

Jdiesel

I have the setting to save password. However on the shield remote when I press back all the way so emby closed and I get back to the Android TV launcher. The next time I start emby it will display a connection error then bring me to the list of users. If I enter the password it works fine... Until I do the same thing.

User was JP

Thanks

Are you using a reverse proxy by chance?

x-cimo

Not in this example. In this case I am connected directly to the server IP.

But I do also have a reverse proxy with https. The Android TV app just doesn't want to connect using the reverse proxy at all..

Not in this example. In this case I am connected directly to the server IP.

But I do also have a reverse proxy with https. The Android TV app just doesn't want to connect using the reverse proxy at all..

Possible configuration problem with the reverse proxy?

User was JP

Thanks

Does this happen if you try this immediately after backing out to the android tv launcher?

x-cimo

Yes. Step to reproduce were

Back back ... Back to Android launcher.

Launch emby right away. Unable to connect. Then user screen.

I have re applied the setting to login as current user and save password. Uncheck then re check setting and it appears to stick for now.

So there is a little glitch somewhere. I'll report back if it break again

Yes. Step to reproduce were

Back back ... Back to Android launcher.

Launch emby right away. Unable to connect. Then user screen.

I have re applied the setting to login as current user and save password. Uncheck then re check setting and it appears to stick for now.

So there is a little glitch somewhere. I'll report back if it break again

Did the password change at some point?

mastrmind11

I ran into this when I migrated servers (same IP).  Fix was to remove the old server from the app and add the new one.

Jdiesel

It may not be the same issue as I had but when I was messing around with setting up SSL I had be switching between different certs and reverse proxy setups. At a certain point the ATV stopped remembering my login credentials. My solution was to clear the Android app data from the Emby app.

I'll look at improving this.

Probably the app just needs to forget any saved login information if the automatic login ever fails.

• 1 month later...

I’m facing this exact problem.Had this a few months back with stable builds but then I moved to the beta builds which rectified this issue.Now for some reason I think I’m back on stable builds and every time I have to type in my password

Android TV version 1.6.40g

Android 7.0 (TCL C2US Series)

Server 3.4.1.0 on a Debian 9

• 1 month later...
frankw

I also have this problem as soon as the app is force closed or the system rebooted. It happens on 2 nvidia shield boxes, 1 local and 1 remote. No reverse proxy involved. I have tried the fix suggested by Jdiesel but that does fix the issue.

Edit: nm fix suggested by ebr seems to have worked, very strange. Cheers

Edited by frankw

• 1 year later...
sch586

@ebr @CBers

How do you set it to remember last login. I dont see any way to do that on the Emby Server. Do you have to do that on the Nvidia Shield box? If so, please explain how to do this in detail as I am an old man and just trying to watch my dvds. Thank You!