Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

roliverosc

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Edited by roliverosc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, roliverosc said:

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Thanks!

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Edited by uucp

7 hours ago, uucp said:

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Hi, unfortunately not at this time. The translations go into the next app updates and there's no way for you to apply them outside of that.

Kachelkaiser
On 11/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

I clicked this button, but my translation is replaced with the old one immediately.

any news?

• 2 weeks later...
roliverosc

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

Edited by roliverosc

6 hours ago, roliverosc said:

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

That's not considered a good practice. You should follow the capitalization of the corresponding English term.

• Like 1

I've finished Ukrainian translation of the 'Web App' and 'All Apps'. Now need apps with applied translation to fix many unclear moments.

BTW I'm a professional translator and worked with dozens of translation tools and CAT systems. OneSky is the worst tool. Think about migration to the Transifex at least or try to implement import/export possibility.

• Like 3

Kachelkaiser

After the last update of Emby I regocnized that no of my transaltion was added into the system. I am still facing the issue that my transaltion are replaced immediatly after editing with the old value.

So the work of translation is wasted for me. What a pity.

• 2 weeks later...
olavinto
On 12/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, uucp said:

I've finished Ukrainian translation of the 'Web App' and 'All Apps'. Now need apps with applied translation to fix many unclear moments.

BTW I'm a professional translator and worked with dozens of translation tools and CAT systems. OneSky is the worst tool. Think about migration to the Transifex at least or try to implement import/export possibility.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:15 PM, uucp said:

Is it possible to export/import translations in format like PO, TMX? OneSky is VERY slow app. I wait longer than I translate.

On 12/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, roliverosc said:

I don't like onesky neither. Transifex or weblate are better

I agree that OneSky is not the best platform and it really does not offer much. Transifex and Webplate are both fine and offer good features and tools. In my book Crowdin has the best user interface though: it is simple and basic, yet offers also advanced tools which are hidden but easily accessible. Webplate and Transifex both feel a bit bloated (mostly just because of their visual design though). Also I do a lot of translating on an Android tablet (and some updating/fixes on my phone) in addition to a desktop PC and Crowdin has very responsive design which is one of the things I love about it.

Edited by olavinto

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, frane-rancic said:

Hi i woud like to help to translate Croatian i see lot of mistakes

Hi, that's great, thanks ! Just jump in on OneSky.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i enabled the Discord notification plugin and noticed that the notifications text for new media still in English, are those text enabled to translate? if yes, where i can find them?

14 hours ago, Mibok said:

Hi, i enabled the Discord notification plugin and noticed that the notifications text for new media still in English, are those text enabled to translate? if yes, where i can find them?

They'll be in the Core sub-project under Emby Server. If not then it's possible they're currently hard-coded to english and need to be localized, but I thought i did them way back when.

I wasn't able to find the notification messages to translate. In the Core sub-project  i found the translation for the Dashboard menu where the notifications are enabled, although i noticed that there is no available translation for "User Activity Report" and "New Media Report" items in that menu.

If the notifications messages are available to translate in the future i'll be more than happy to add translations for es-MX. Right now the notifications message says: 

New Media Report Notification
New media added since last check 5 days 12 hours 29 minutes ago.

Anime
- (Episode) Ataque a los Titanes - 04x07 - Asalto

Películas
- (Movie) Revenant: El renacido (2015)

2 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Yes you do:

act.jpg.25d90fa81c10b9f2ebf91c873bc2f5f6.jpg

Paul

That text comes from a plugin. I'll have to look but I'm not sure there's currently a way to localize that. Even if we do though, it's the plugin that will have to supply translations for it's own text.