Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

6 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

Is it still possible to join translation team for German?

Hi, yes just jump in on onesky and search for emby. Thanks !

olavinto

Where does the TV Shows > Upcoming section take the translations used for day and month in the headings from? Because I can't seem to find these in the translation files.

"Friday, Oct 9" is now translated as "perjantai 9. lokak." which is incorrect because the month should be shortened just "loka" and without the dot at the end. Also since these are presented as headings, they should begin with a capital letter (in the middle of the sentence they should be lowercase). In this case they would be better as "Perjantai, 9. loka" (which is correct for "Friday, Oct 9") or "Perjantaina, lokakuun 9" ("On Friday, October 9", also here without a dot at the end simply because it is cleaner as a header that way). I do not see the need to shorten the month because as far as I can see it should fit even on smaller screens unless a very old phone with a very small resolution is used.

Not a huge problem but it bothers me when other headings are cleanly presented. At the very least it would be nice to get these to start with a capital letter like they do in English.

Edit: Also is they any way to translate genre names?

Edited by olavinto

2 hours ago, olavinto said:

"Friday, Oct 9" is now translated as "perjantai 9. lokak."

I imagine this is being done by the internal date routines of whatever device you are using.  What app?

olavinto
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

I imagine this is being done by the internal date routines of whatever device you are using.  What app?

Yeah, sorry, the web app (and Android app which is basically the same thing). I tried it with both, Firefox (Firefox UI and page language settings set as Finnish) and Chrome (in English and Finnish completely removed from browser settings). I'm also using English version of Windows (everything set as en-us except for units and keyboard). Where do they come from if they aren't somewhere in the app itself?

Edited by olavinto

3 hours ago, olavinto said:

Yeah, sorry, the web app (and Android app which is basically the same thing). I tried it with both, Firefox (Firefox UI and page language settings set as Finnish) and Chrome (in English and Finnish completely removed from browser settings). I'm also using English version of Windows (everything set as en-us except for units and keyboard). Where do they come from if they aren't somewhere in the app itself?

We use API's on the devices themselves that format the date for us.

olavinto
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

We use API's on the devices themselves that format the date for us.

Ok. Interesting that they are shortened like that if the source is the platform since for example Windows usually correctly shortens months with the four letter versions in Finnish (meaning that "Oct" is "loka", "Jan" is "tammi" and so on). Would it be possible to change the the styling of these headers so that they would start with a capital letter? This, I think would not be a problem for any language when they are headers. I would assume that it is just a rather simple CSS fix/addition (for example with "::first-letter" and "text-transform"). Then they would not look that much out of place.

8 minutes ago, olavinto said:

Ok. Interesting that they are shortened like that if the source is the platform since for example Windows usually correctly shortens months with the four letter versions in Finnish (meaning that "Oct" is "loka", "Jan" is "tammi" and so on). Would it be possible to change the the styling of these headers so that they would start with a capital letter? This, I think would not be a problem for any language when they are headers. I would assume that it is just a rather simple CSS fix/addition (for example with "::first-letter" and "text-transform"). Then they would not look that much out of place.

Well, yes in theory it is possible, although localizing with CSS is generally not considered a reliable way of doing it, taking account all possible platforms into consideration.

Kachelkaiser
On 10/8/2020 at 3:00 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes just jump in on onesky and search for emby. Thanks !

I registred at Onesky, but I can't find a way to join your project. Maybe you can give me a hint???

Pyro2577

Would be more than happy to help with English (Australian) if you need help. Could be normal English, Bogan or even some Aussie slang added.

1 hour ago, Pyro2577 said:

Would be more than happy to help with English (Australian) if you need help. Could be normal English, Bogan or even some Aussie slang added.

Hi, that sounds great, thanks !

roliverosc

I would like to join the group of translators for Spanish in oneskyapp. I translated plugin.video.emby two months ago but it still hasn't been updated from transifex.

Edited by roliverosc

2 hours ago, roliverosc said:

I would like to join the group of translators for Spanish in oneskyapp. I translated plugin.video.emby two months ago but it still hasn't been updated from transifex.

Hi, yes I saw your posting about that. We will go over and respond to you. Thanks !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

How often new translations are transported to the system(s)?

Hi, generally they're included with the next release of the server and our apps.

• Thanks 1

Kachelkaiser

ok fine thanks,

but today I recognized that my translations on the website are now set back to the old one. is that the right bahaviour until it was published?

Edited by Kachelkaiser

4 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

ok fine thanks,

but today I recognized that my translations on the website are now set back to the old one. is that the right bahaviour until it was published?

Hi, on what website, onesky?

Kachelkaiser

Yes right. Everytine I modified the translation to mine it is changed back to the Former Version. I tried this today with the Web App Translation . Is that the desired behaviour?

10 minutes ago, Kachelkaiser said:

Yes right. Everytine I modified the translation to mine it is changed back to the Former Version. I tried this today with the Web App Translation . Is that the desired behaviour?

Ok we have other German translators. It's possible that one of them might disagree with your translation and be changing it back.

Kachelkaiser

I understand this. but this happens automatically. I enter my transaltion into the field, press the biutton with the hook and then the transation changes to the further translation, which is an older version due to the date.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:38 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

I understand this. but this happens automatically. I enter my transaltion into the field, press the biutton with the hook and then the transation changes to the further translation, which is an older version due to the date.

@vdatanet have you run into this before?

vdatanet
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

@vdatanet have you run into this before?

Never, are you sure you click the submit button to submit the draft? It seems that draft is being discarded.

1401100049_Capturadepantalla2020-10-31alas20_21_58.png.89248773e5f113c4d6df768b98065aa6.png 

olavinto

Maybe the old translation has been voted (starred) higher and that is why it replaces the new one? When I started to do the Finnish translation I voted for some old translations and later I changed them and it took a moment for me to figure out that the translation got replaced with the old one because I had voted for it (so it had + 1 vote/star vs. 0 for the new one). When I removed my vote, the new translation took priority. No one else had voted so I could remove my own vote and even things out in my case. I do not know if there is some proofreader or similar user level in OneSky so that you could select another translation regardless of how many votes it has (like in Crowdin for example)? This sounds similar to my experience so I thought I'd bring it up.

Edited by olavinto
  • Thanks 1

Kachelkaiser

This could be a reason. But does this mean that a maybe wrong, older, higher voted translation is still used?

This is my example:

Topic: Emby Server Web App

grafik.thumb.png.948841d8d45532594d576f028e0b4bf3.pngIn

I have topic with the highlited phrase and the phrase below.

My case an older translation has the flag "approved." Could this be the reason?

Edited by Kachelkaiser
example added!

Kachelkaiser
On 10/31/2020 at 8:25 PM, vdatanet said:

Never, are you sure you click the submit button to submit the draft? It seems that draft is being discarded.

I clicked this button, but my translation is replaced with the old one immediately.