Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

I hate you all :)

J/K of course, well done and many thanks indeed for whom doing these, well done!

Can someone kick that abo to finish what he suppose to finish from some time ago, thanks in advanced.

Smaky

I have a suggestion to ease localization of the plugins update configuration page. While translating the ON/OFF options to other languajes, as in Spanish, it ends up with words that would not ft the available space. In Spanish On/Off under Automatic Updates would be Encendido/Apagado, Activado/Desactivado, Neither would fit the available space nor there are real standard short-hand abreviations in spanish.

Because of this, the page ends up looking like this:

534f43ecef50c_OnOff.png

Would it be possible to either adjust the control to adjust itself to the text or, in my opiniton, to include the standard ON/OFF symbols so there would be no need to translate them?

Edited by Smaky
  • Like 2

WWWestern

...include the standard ON/OFF symbols so there would be no need to translate them?

Agree! Since we moved to the stage of globalization of the product, should be applied more invariant interface elements such as icons or pictograms. ON/OFF is one of the clearest examples of this. Another example is the acronyms for 3D (hsbs etc.), simple pictograms have a lot more comfortable and save time and space.

• Like 1

WWWestern

Why not create separate projects for translations for Stores (Google Play, Windows Phone, Windows Store, etc.) and for our site?

• Like 1

hedgehogg

As a matter of interest I have had to 'pinch' bits from VLC for my wife in the greek translation. This involves finding the relevent instruction in vlc en and then finding it in the vlc gr soooooooooooo I hit on the idea if decompiling the .mo file to a .po file then reading it via Poedit. If any one wants the details of how I did it PM me.

The wife will be back translating soon

WWWestern

ScottIsAFool, what about http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5727-join-our-translation-team/page-9&do=findComment&comment=88992 ?

I create own (fake) project and and eventually I was able to add Kazakh as both a base and a target language. First, when I could not find the Kazakh in the list, I just added all the languages​​, and then the Kazakh appeared in the list. Then I deleted some others unnecessary.

politby

Just waiting on French and Swedish now for store translations :) @@sfnetwork @@politby :)

Should have SV done by tomorrow. No work allowed on Good Friday :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gcw07

I'm currently looking for some help with translations for the Roku client into German and Catalan Spanish. It is so far less then 100 words to translate. If your interested in helping out, let me know via a PM. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Team,

You may notice we now have a language specific discussion area:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/104-language-specific-support/

We'd like to create sections for more languages. Before we can do so, we need at least one volunteer for any given language to monitor it and respond to questions. The responsibility will hopefully only be brief because over time more people will participate. but in the early going we need volunteers so that if people ask questions they're not left hanging.

Please let me know if you can do this and I'll create a forum for your language. If you can pop in a couple times per week that should be fine. Thanks.

• Like 3

politby

Team,

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/104-language-specific-support/

We'd like to create sections for more languages. Before we can do so, we need at least one volunteer for any given language to monitor it and respond to questions. The responsibility will hopefully only be brief because over time more people will participate. but in the early going we need volunteers so that if people ask questions they're not left hanging.

Please let me know if you can do this and I'll create a forum for your language. If you can pop in a couple times per week that should be fine. Thanks.

Sure. Put me in for SV

• Like 2

Beardyname

Team,

I would be glad to as well for SV :)

• Like 1

Sure. Put me in for SV

I would be glad to as well for SV :)

Done, thanks for helping out. Can one of you please write a welcome message, in Swedish, thanks.

Beardyname

Done, thanks for helping out. Can one of you please write a welcome message, in Swedish, thanks.

Done.

I guess @@politby has some stuff he wants to add later on :) but should do as a quick hello!

• Like 2

Thanks.

@@Abobader can you work with the language contributors to add forum descriptions just like you did with Arabic? Thanks!

Beardyname

Would it be possible to "Pin" the other post i did ?

I wanted one for a welcome message and one for the Swedish version of "how to report a problem"

• Like 1

Thanks.

@@Abobader can you work with the language contributors to add forum descriptions just like you did with Arabic? Thanks!

Sure buddy.

Would it be possible to "Pin" the other post i did ?

I wanted one for a welcome message and one for the Swedish version of "how to report a problem"

Done.

@@WWWestern and @@Beardyname

Can you please post to me here in the forum descriptions you like so I add them.

Thanks in advanced.

WWWestern

@Abobader А что у вас там написано? Можно, я украду ваш текст и переведу? What have you written there? Can I steal your text and translate? :rolleyes:

@Abobader А что у вас там написано? Можно, я украду ваш текст и переведу? What have you written there? Can I steal your text and translate? :rolleyes:

Good day buddy,

Is this the correct words:

"А что у вас там написано? Можно, я украду ваш текст и переведу?" 

BTW, why the "?"  ? :)

Regarding the forum description for Arabic forum, as this:

"Arabic technical support and help for media browser programs."

My best