Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

MiChAeLoKGB

I can help with translating to Czech and Slovak language :)

Can help with that too.

But still, why using "Nav\u0161t\u00edvit komunitu" instead of "Navštívit komunitu" ?

Or its something with that app youre using for translations?

Edited by MiChAeLoKGB

Can help with that too.

But still, why using "Nav\u0161t\u00edvit komunitu" instead of "Navštívit komunitu" ?

Or its something with that app youre using for translations?

I will invite you, thanks. :)

Team,

We have a couple languages that have fallen behind, so if you signed up to contribute, please login to onesky and help your language up to speed.

And we're always looking for new translators to help us add more languages, or contribute to existing ones. So if you're interested, please step up.

• 2 weeks later...
AlwinHummels

Is it possible to use OneSky for translating all MBC strings too? ex. strings-en.xml and Chocolate-strings-en.xml etc....

It would be much easier to translate ;-) Tried to add a project myself but didn't know how and what to do.

ScottIsAFool

Possibly, @@ebr, something that can be done? Or are you worried about the themes?

Possibly, @@ebr, something that can be done? Or are you worried about the themes?

Possibly, but I'd have to re-write the way MBC handles translation now.  Its on my list but I haven't really looked at it yet.  I would only do it if it could be done without affecting any of the themes.

• Like 1

Arabic will soon be completed for all devices because I will add 2 family members to completed and keep updating when it need it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
ScottIsAFool

Could you also invite me.

I will contribute to the dutch/flemisch language. :)

Sorry, I missed this. Can you PM me your email address and I'll get an invite out to you.

AlwinHummels

@@Luke first I've to say thank you.

Do you mean the dutch translators part  only or all parts?

I looked at it and did some enhancements ;-)

Edited by AlwinHummels

ScottIsAFool

I can translate English to French. :)

Can you send me a PM with your email address please and i'll get an invite out to you.

• 2 weeks later...
politby

Back from vacation to find 822 new words to translate...  :mellow:

I find myself having to translate the same words over and over again. Surely the software should be able to re-use existing mappings for single, identical words?

Back from vacation to find 822 new words to translate...  :mellow:

I find myself having to translate the same words over and over again. Surely the software should be able to re-use existing mappings for single, identical words?

Sometimes when text is used in two different context, e.g. action button vs label, it's a general developer rule of thumb to put them in separate entries.

German translation.... Done! ;-)

Thanks. There will always be more so stay tuned.

Sometimes when text is used in two different context, e.g. action button vs label, it's a general developer rule of thumb to put them in separate entries.

Thanks. There will always be more so stay tuned.

Shure, glad to can help a bit :)

One Question:

After I translated now some phrases into german I noticed that there are two different translations of the english word "you" in use now.

In germany we use "you" in two different contexts. At the one hand we use "you" translated as "du", when we talk to persons we know, like family, friends or good known. On the other hand we use "you" translated as "Sie", when we talk to people we don't realy know, like your boss, some work colleagues or someone you just meet on the street.

So what form of the translation for "you" should be used now for the german translation of Media Browser? Do you want to talk to the people in a personally or in a more formally way? Or should we split the german translation in a personally and in a formally one?

Migmac04

I noticed something strange after translating MBS metadata tv series editing page. There are two labels that seem to be wrong: ${LabelAirTime} and ${LabelAirDays}. Instead showing the label themselves, the page shows the string. Is this correct? prt screen attached.

53fe716f5b980_metadataeditingpage.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, after no one replied to my question in this post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5727-join-our-translation-team/?p=127005 I have decided to make a complete reworking of the german translation. Now everything is changed to the more personal Form of "you" translated as "du" to make the translation more consistent.

Hope thats ok?

Greetings

Edited by CM000n

Scott84Z28

Ok, after no one replied to my question in this post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5727-join-our-translation-team/?p=127005 I have decided to make a complete reworking of the german translation. Now everything is changed to the more personal Form of "you" translated as "du" to make the translation more consistent.

Hope thats ok?

Greetings

As a native English speaker living in Germany, and who's always struggling, I think "du" works best.  Actually, du and Sie are easy, it's "the" = "die, der, das, den, dem, etc......" that I'll never figure out.  ;)