Change Library Path

nikolasd

nikolasd

I really dont't know if the titles corresponds accurately to my problem, so I will give a brief explanation of what happened.

I have emby-server installed an an Ubuntu 16.04 Server. For  long time, I had this server turned off. So I started it again and first thing I did was to update all packages.

My latest version was installed by the repo that existed for Ubuntu package. But since this repo is no longer existing, I updated to the current version, by downloading the deb package and installing it.

I think that this way, broke some things up, because here it is the situation I have right now.

All my libraries after the update still exists, but cannot be updated. After searching around I found out that in the Metadata manager all my libraries have there path defined to /var/lib/emby-server/root/default, but the actual path is /var/lib/emby/root/default.

I tried to change this path to the correct one, but It looks like that is not possible.

I want to avoid deleting the libraries and recreating them, since there are a lot of libraries and mainly because almost all the metadata inside those libraries, were created by hand in a period of 2 years.

As a work around I just created a symlink /var/lib/emby-server that points to /var/lib/emby/ but if there is some other more straightforward way it would be great.

mastrmind11

I really dont't know if the titles corresponds accurately to my problem, so I will give a brief explanation of what happened.

I have emby-server installed an an Ubuntu 16.04 Server. For  long time, I had this server turned off. So I started it again and first thing I did was to update all packages.

My latest version was installed by the repo that existed for Ubuntu package. But since this repo is no longer existing, I updated to the current version, by downloading the deb package and installing it.

I think that this way, broke some things up, because here it is the situation I have right now.

All my libraries after the update still exists, but cannot be updated. After searching around I found out that in the Metadata manager all my libraries have there path defined to /var/lib/emby-server/root/default, but the actual path is /var/lib/emby/root/default.

I tried to change this path to the correct one, but It looks like that is not possible.

I want to avoid deleting the libraries and recreating them, since there are a lot of libraries and mainly because almost all the metadata inside those libraries, were created by hand in a period of 2 years.

As a work around I just created a symlink /var/lib/emby-server that points to /var/lib/emby/ but if there is some other more straightforward way it would be great.

check this post, seems like it's what you want:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/?view=findpost&p=512904

Hi, the old repo does actually exist. Since you've already worked around it I would say just stay as you are, but you also could have continued to receive updates via normal apt-get update. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
zenwryly

For anyone who was using the old OpenSUSE APT repository and would like to keep using APT to keep their Emby server's up to date, I've built a simple utility that builds a simple APT repository from the official Emby *.deb releases.  Let me know if you have any issues.