Kodi keep LAN address

thibaut129

thibaut129

Hi,

I have little problem with my Emby plugin for Kodi. 

The plugin works very well but when I start Kodi I must each time rewrite the address of my Emby server because Kodi put my LAN address server.

I put my log on this thread. In the log you can see that the connection with LAN address not working and after I change this address for the real server address and it's working.

Thanks ! 

Thibaut

P.S : I change my real server address with http://MYSERVERADDRESS

Edited by thibaut129

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

The server is what provides that information. If it's incorrect, make sure your server shows the right information in the dashboard. Let me know, otherwise post your Kodi log so I can see why this is happening. Thank you. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

horstepipe

The server is what provides that information. If it's incorrect, make sure your server shows the right information in the dashboard. Let me know, otherwise post your Kodi log so I can see why this is happening. Thank you. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

I'm having a similar question. I'm running Emby behind nginx, so I access it via port 443 and nginx redirects it to port 8096 internally. In Emby dashboard of course I see the server is accessible via port 8096/8920. Will I run into problems with this? If yes, what's the way to go to configure Emby ports behind nginx?

@@Luke another related question: I'm running Cloudflare in front of my Emby server which runs on a VPS. When I leave the field "bind to local address" in the advanced settings blank, Emby server announces itself with the real IP of my VPS which as a result is being written in the data.txt file of the Emby for Kodi addon @@Angelblue05 . So I have to put in 127.0.0.1 to prevent this behavior and asking myself if maybe I'm breaking something with it, e.g. the problem described here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48236-setting-up-emby-behind-a-reverse-proxy-nginx/page-4&do=findComment&comment=561777

Edited by horstepipe