unable to locate FFmpeg using the path you've entered

DDeezy
Go to solution Solved by DDeezy,

DDeezy

Hello! I'm having a problem today while trying to setup emby on a "Feral Hosting" Server.

If you look in the title you can see my main error....

I've made sure the files ffmpeg and ffprobe are executable. I'm not sure if emby has any permissions or not based on this piece from your emby wizard "For Linux on Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse, or Ubuntu, you must grant the Emby system user at least read access to your storage locations."

This could be my main problem not too sure, but it got into my media folder just fine...

I'm using the latest 3.4.2 build.

I've also tried linking directly to the ffmpeg file itself  with no luck.

I'm a huge beginner when it comes to this stuff so I'm sorry if I haven't provided enough info about this problem 

post-296970-0-88544100-1521586248_thumb.png

post-296970-0-13942400-1521586252_thumb.png

Hi, what install method did you use? Our new packages on our website have ffmpeg included so that you never have to worry about it.

DDeezy

Hi, what install method did you use? Our new packages on our website have ffmpeg included so that you never have to worry about it.

I followed this guide 

https://www.feralhosting.com/wiki/software/emby

and I was snooping around in my emby folder on the server and saw this (in the attachment)

I'm guessing this is the folder you're talking about?

So all I would have to do take the path to that folder instead of going through the ffmpeg install? : 

Edit: I looked in the folder and nothing was in it 

post-296970-0-08264200-1521586478_thumb.png

Edited by DDeezy

I would try using one of the new packages on our website. If you really want to proceed as is, that error could also come up if the server does not have permission to execute it.

DDeezy

I would try using one of the new packages on our website. If you really want to proceed as is, that error could also come up if the server does not have permission to execute it.

I've uninstalled and tried to install a package from the website. Sadly I don't think it's possible as I tried the 

dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

command and I get 

dpkg: error: requested operation requires superuser privilege

If you really want to proceed as is, that error could also come up if the server does not have permission to execute it

How could I go about checking that? 
Edited by DDeezy

Jdiesel

Try

sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

Edited by Jdiesel

DDeezy

Try

sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

Tried it.

I get a lecture about great power comes with great responsibility. Then it asks for a password. I've tried typing in my password to get into the SSH and it doesn't even let me type. Unless i'm doing something wrong I don't think sudo is allowed with feral

Well I'm not familiar with feral other than having heard of it but I'm guessing you'll want to do a chmod on the ffmpeg and ffprobe executables.

Jdiesel

Looks like Feral doesn't give you admin rights and requires you to use their install script with is still using the mono version. Maybe ask if they can update their install script.

Jdiesel

Tried it.

I get a lecture about great power comes with great responsibility. Then it asks for a password. I've tried typing in my password to get into the SSH and it doesn't even let me type. Unless i'm doing something wrong I don't think sudo is allowed with feral

When you type your password in it will remain blank.

DDeezy

Well I'm not familiar with feral other than having heard of it but I'm guessing you'll want to do a chmod on the ffmpeg and ffprobe executables.

I've done both of these commands

[porphyrion ~] chmod +x aaaa/ffmpeg-3.4.2-64bit-static/ffmpeg
[porphyrion ~] chmod +x aaaa/ffmpeg-3.4.2-64bit-static/ffprobe

Is that what you are talking about?

You think I may just have to get in contact with the Feral people and see if it has anything to do with them?

DDeezy

When you type your password in it will remain blank.

Got this

"deezy is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported."

Jdiesel

Yep sounds like it is locked down lol. Ask them if they can update their install script.