Keep Flag Background Channel Icons

manolodf

manolodf

This may sound like a strange request, but when I first added my M3U file the channels and guide populated with some very nice (I believe default) Channel Icon with the Flag of the country it was from behind it.  I actually kind of liked it because it allowed me to know what country the Channel was from (A&E with USA vs A&E with Spanish Flag for example) 

What happened though is after EPG refreshed after 24 hours, then the icons were replaced by just the channel icons, the png that were bigger, perhaps more poppy and they look nice, but I would love to see if there is a way to retain the Flag Backed Ones somehow, or to have the Flag in the background of the newer ones. 

I can provide screenshots if needed. 

Hi, yes screenshots would be helpful. i'm guessing both your m3u and xml data contain channel logos and the one emby is using is not the one you want.

manolodf

You are awesomely Right!   

So it seems that the icons I want are the ones in the M3U, which loaded up at first time, then after the first refresh of the EPG it overrode them with the ones in the EPG. 

M3U Example with Flags, the guide the first day did have epg data with flags, but got overwritten 24hrs later:

5ab09de6b20a8_Screenshot20180320003446.p

5ab09f8193dc6_Screenshot20180320004043.p

These are the Normal Icons after the Refresh:

5ab09e36b17aa_Screenshot20180320002715.p

5ab09e4eb1657_Screenshot20180320002739.p

Edited by manolodf

Ok so I guess what we need is an option to dictate the preferred source of the channel icons.

• Like 1

manolodf

Yep, that would pretty much solve it, like M3U preferred, or EPG Preferred, this way if M3U does not have a channel it uses the EPG one, or vice versa, but give one priority over the other.