Emby doesn't play m3u tuners on my phone

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I set two m3u tuners, one for tv channels and the other for radio stations, they both play in the web app on google chrome and the chromecast built-in of the Xiaomi Mi Box but on my phone they don't play at all, it stays loading forever, when I go back to the previous screen the app gets stuck in landscape mode, I have to stop the app to fix it.

I don't have an emby premier subscription so I'm can't test this on the Android TV app.

5ab0329069f7b_Screenshot_20180319164825.

Server log is attached.

server-63657075616.txt

Hi, the android app requires premiere for this as well. or did you test using the one minute trial option?

Richard Branches

Hi, the android app requires premiere for this as well. or did you test using the one minute trial option?

If the android app requires emby premiere then I should've seen the notification to activate the subscription but nothing appears, it just stays as the screenshot above.

I haven't seen any "one minute" trial option either.

Richard Branches

is this the iptv plugin, or did you setup an m3u tuner?

I set two m3u tuners.

Richard Branches

You purchased the in-app unlock, right?

No, I haven't, I've been testing the product before I decide to purchase emby premiere, I ignore the reason why the app on my phone works without any unlock purchase or subscription, I've been using it ever since I bought my phone in january.

On Android TV I can use only the music library because I run out the trial last year, when I bought the Mi Box.

Richard Branches

If I uninstall the app on Android TV and reinstall it after a long period of time, the app starts again with a trial, that's the last time I was able to test the VC-1 video and the DivX and Xvid videos and then made the post about them not playing in sync with the audio.

Richard Branches

What version of the app?

I'm using the latest version on both, on ATV is the 1.5.32g, on my phone is the 2.9.92

Richard Branches

On Android TV I always see the purchase notification but I've never seen it on my phone.

5ab041de4ef59_Screenshot_20180319180215.

Richard Branches

Can you reset app data for the phone app?

I just did that but it didn't fix the problem, looks like the app has a bug regarding to the lock when trying to play something by displaying the notification to unlock it and I don't think I'm the only one...

Richard Branches

Didn't fix what problem?

the app purchase notification lock, is that what you're talking about?

Richard Branches

I have a couple of questions:

1) Should this issue get fixed if I purchase emby premiere?

2) If this issue didn't exist, the app wouldn't let use it at all until unlock it?

Richard Branches

I'm testing Live TV again since I'm on Emby Premiere on my phone but still doesn't start, what log should I send?

Ok can you use the same build i gave you the other day to provide an android app log. thanks.

Richard Branches

It's resolved for the next release of emby server, thanks.

No, thanks to you.