Fail. Click to exit

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi,

Not sure if its related to the recent app update, however I can't play any files anymore.

When I click them, I get after a couple of seconds a "Fail. Click to exit" message.

When I check the emby server dashboard it does show the video playing for the device.

Attached the log.

Thanks

ps. I also notice a few error messages in the log. love to have them fixed as well.

Log.txt

xbmcgotham

when I click the video to play, it opens the "play/black/next" page and you see a small loading circle, soon after instead of showing the play osd it shows a black screen with in the middle the text. and top left the return option.

Are you running the Android version of the server or are you talking about the Android mobile app talking to the server on some other platform?

Thank you :).

Please update your Emby server to the latest release.  And, before you do so, please ensure Windows 7 has all update patches applied.  You may have to run Windows update multiple times...

xbmcgotham

@ebr and @Luke reading the update history, it looks like you update the play osd. My best guess that its related to that part of the code.

xbmcgotham

With one phone I use it regularly, But that phone was not yet updated to the latest emby android version or android OS (Same phone hardware) and still works fine with playing videos. The other phone which gives the current problem described above had downloaded some files, and I use it some times to watch them and they play ok offline.

Ok then let's wait until sometime next week. I can give you a test build to try but right now it would break the download feature due to other changes currently in progress.