ServerWMC and Ceton not streaming live TV

ITMonkey

ITMonkey

Currently I am able to record using ServerWMC and my Ceton InfiniTV6 tuner but not watch any live TV.  

When I try to watch from Roku it reports a non http error.  From the web client it will just forever spin.

I've tried reinstalling ServerWMC, the plugin, etc... Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

Chris

Log.txt

Edited by ITMonkey

Hi, looks like an issue on the serverwmc side.

System.Exception: ServerWMC Backend error

you may need to seek help from krustyreturns. thanks.

krustyreturns

Post the serverwmc log after a failed attempt to watch a live stream.  You can find the log on the 'debug' tab of serverwmc.

krustyreturns

Your getting an 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied'' error when swmc tries to save data streaming from the tuners.  I've seen this happen before when the service swmc uses to save streamed data doesn't have permissions to write to the recorded tv folder.  As long was wmc is configured correctly this shouldn't happen.  Is there something strange about how this server machine is setup?  I notice in swmc's settings you are forcing an ip address other then the default machine address, why is that?

ITMonkey

Forcing the IP address was from my rounds of trouble shooting.  I had the same results when not forcing the ip and removing that line from the config.xml.

Recorded TV directory is shared and fully writable.  

This sits away and I stream everything to Roku, Emby clients or web clients and very rarely access the system.  I will double check the ability to play live TV from it this evening.

ITMonkey

I reviewed my setup.  I was able to show live TV on the server itself using the WMC application.  Upon streaming to Emby web/app I received the same spinning wheels.

Currently right now the only "Recorded TV" is on my F drive.  This is a local storage drive.  It only has one first level directory of "Recorded TV"

When checking WMC configuration I only find one reference and that is to "F:\"  Trying to specify "F:\Recorded TV" returns a no changes made.  Not sure if I'm missing some fundamental configuration setup here or not.  I followed the provided link and I don't seem to be getting that error.

The recordings seem to be going to the correct area and I can play back the ones that are recorded.

I've provided the error log with the current results.

Thanks!

(ps...yes I've tried multiple reboots.  Thanks!)

ServerWMC.log

Edited by ITMonkey

krustyreturns

I still think there is something messed up in your wmc config.  Are you comfortable using regedit?  If so look up this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Recording

and look up what string or strings are in the RecordPath field.

krustyreturns

I give up on that idea.  Look in the tempswmc folder (inside your recorded tv folder) and see if swmc creates a wtv file there when you try to start the live stream with emby.

ITMonkey

A victory of sorts?

I needed to change the security rights to the TempSWMC directory.  I am able to stream some of the channels now.  It now creates files *most* of the time, sometimes it does create them and doesn't start the stream.

Thanks!

ServerWMC.log

krustyreturns

Restart swmc try to start one of the remaining problem channels, then post the resulting log.

krustyreturns

In the settings file for swmc (see 'debug' tab), search for Timeout_WaitForTS_MS and change it to the following:

<Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>20000</Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>

then save the file and restart swmc.  Try to play the channel again, and post the resulting log.  Thanks.

krustyreturns

Swmc is not able to identify the video stream for some reason.  Not sure what going on unless it is drm related.  Go back to the tempswmc folder where swmc is creating the temp .wtv and .ts files.  Assuming you still have swmc set to not delete them, see if you can play those files on the windows machine with something other then wmc, like say vlc.

ITMonkey

It creates two files.  One .ts (32KB) and a .wtv (512KB).  I am unable to play either one with the latest version of vlc.

krustyreturns

Both of these files are empty.  Have you seen whether you can play any of the recordings you've made on this channel with kodi? Or vlc?

ITMonkey

I've attempted to make recordings with these channels and the ones I can't play live I'm also not able to record.  I think the initial issue with not playing any live TV has been resolved with the change in security permissions to the "TempSWMC" directory.

Now I believe my issue with with my cable provider.  Tuner diagnostic software is reporting that I'm able to tune to the channel but recording fails with "No signal"

Thank you for all your help

krustyreturns

Right. If you can't play a recording with emby but you can with wmc, its usually some kind of drm problem.