Emby server for Android TV capabilities questions

rouq

I have few questions about running emby server on android tv.

1.  Does the DVR feature available?

2.  I see that emby server has a smb client integrated.  If the DVR feature is available, can you record to a network drive like plex on the nvidia shield does?

3.  Channel Master just released a new Android TV certified box (Stream+) that has 2 internal ATSC 1.0 tuners.  From my understanding, the system sees those tuners as USB tuners.  Does emby server supports USB tuner and if so, could it use those internal tuners on this specific box?

4.  I know that hardware acceleration transcoding is not yet available.  Is there any other limitation?

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
unhooked

Is the wintv dualhd usb dongle unsupported ATM? Windows sees my quadhd, so I've seen the hauppauge option in the pulldown. But on the shield I just see hdhomerun, m3u, and other.

unhooked

Correct, hauppauge support is currently windows only.

This is odd, when I came home today while I'm not on premier yet and I wasn't able to add the tuner, emby sees the channels I get with it. It seems to be doing scans or pulling that data from android or plex. In any case I also just added a hdhomerun,

On another note is there a way to get a demo pass, didn't really use emby when I signed up because it wasn't ready for freebsd. I kinda like to test tv/dvr before dropping plex when my pass runs out.

• 2 years later...
G33kn247
On 10/30/2018 at 11:15 PM, Luke said:

Correct, hauppauge support is currently windows only.

Sadly, I had just bought a Hauppauge tuner plugged directly in my Shield because I did not like the network streaming of my HDHomerun and Plex supports it. Standing up a Windows box just for this is not ideal.