SRT Subtitles don't display when VC-1 codec is transcoded

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

Ok, the problem is that we are extracting these subtitles on the fly, but the extraction process is not fast enough on your server. This leads you into thinking "not working".

Go to server transcoding settings, and uncheck the setting to allow subtitle extractions on the fly. Instead, now we'll burn them in with server transcoding. This will work, but of course, it will consume some cpu.

Yes, it works (see the screenshot below) but I'm gonna leave it checked because this computer is not fast enough and the video took too much to start, however the idea was to identify the reason why they didn't show up so I thank you for that, I'm gonna need a faster computer then... just a question, will it work a computer with a celeron processor with quick sync support?

5ab46444c4d5c_Screenshot_20180322211539.

Well for the extraction it depends. It could be taking a long time due to CPU, but it also could be taking a long if the drive holding the media is very slow. What are the videos stored on?

Richard Branches

Well for the extraction it depends. It could be taking a long time due to CPU, but it also could be taking a long if the drive holding the media is very slow. What are the videos stored on?

At this time it's stored in a 1TB USB 3.0 hard drive, if I copy the file to the internal hard drive will it make any difference?

Richard Branches

Maybe. Try it.

Ok... you have now two issues pending, the mpeg-4 videos and the vobsub subtitle, I hope you fix them, good night...  ;)