Hide volume change icon

nnylray

nnylray

Is there a way to hide the volume change icon in Emby Theater?  I am having a major issue where the range of volumes is way too wide.  For example, I can't hear basic dialogue, so I have to increase the volume, but then an explosion happens, but at the volume of a real explosion.  I am aware of dynamic range compression, but it never seems to increase the volume of quiet voices enough for me.  The best option I have found is a program called Sound Locker, where I can limit the max volume.  However, whenever there is a sound that exceeds this volume threshold, it seems to trigger a volume change, which then results in the volume changing icon appearing in Emby Theater.  I would prefer it not to show up every time there is a loud noise.  (Also, I never need the volume icon because I control the volume on my receiver).

HI, we don't currently have a setting for this, although in TV mode it will hide when the mouse idles, simply because you don't need those controls with a remote control.

nnylray

I tried letting the mouse idle, but the icon still comes up because of something the program is doing to control the volume.

Also, I have tried all of the dynamic range control / midnight / loudness control settings on my receiver, but none of them ever seem to have any effect.  It is a Pioneer VSX-530.

Guest asrequested

Well, I can't positively determine that I can get DRC working, at all. I have tried many configs in both Theater and the standalone. I can't find it anywhere in the logs and I perceive no difference, when listening. Based on the manual, it might mean that my files don't contain the required information to enable it.

I did discover a few things, though. Enabling exclusive mode when not bitstreaming, causes mpv to not support several audio formats.

But a big thing I discovered, was disabling bitstreaming in Theater and letting mpv decode to PCM, lowers the volume considerably (DRC not in use). Playing the same file in the standalone, the audio volume is unchanged. I cannot discern what is causing that.