DVR - Turn off TheTVDB matching per series?

cybergrimes

cybergrimes

Hey there, not sure if this is feasible or even has any use case out of my single example but would it be possible to have a flag to only use EPG data for metadata population?

(if someone has a better more obvious solution please let me know, I tried MCEBuddy renaming but doesn't seem to be metadata embedded in the file for it to extract)

For example right now "MasterChef Junior Edition" is airing in it's 6th season but Schedule's Direct sends this over as Season 14 because they combine it with regular MasterChef which just wrapped it's 8th season. TheTVDB of course keeps these 2 shows separate but funnily enough there's a UK version of MasterChef in it's 14th season, so every week the new episode is matched to the UK version for metadata. If I could just use the Schedules Direct art/show descriptions instead of matching against TheTVDB then I wouldn't need to move/renumber the episodes after they've aired. I imagine it would just create it's own MasterChef folder with the season/episode number from the airing and use whatever art the guide provider gives back. I think maybe it could be sufficient enough for on screen user experience. Like the next airing episode already has a description of "The top 20 compete in a team challenge in which they must prepare racks of lamb and pan-seared halibut for a wedding; an elimination." with a title of "S14:E5 - Junior Edition: Recipe for Love".

That's good enough for me, instead of correcting what it's going to end up matching:

5aad337482b7a_Untitled.png

Edited by cybergrimes

cybergrimes

Recordings are just a regular library so check the settings for that library.

Hmm, I don't want to turn off metadata scraping for the whole library. Just potentially on a per show basis

andyblac644

just identify it correctly.

goto Recorded Shows

find the show click on it

then click on the 3 dots

click on identify, enter the correct TVDB ID in the TVDB field

then do a Refresh Meta Data.

i had to the same for UK MasterChef as by default it chose AUS version.

alternatively set the correct ID in the editor.

5aad40e5daeee_ScreenShot20180317at162148

Edited by andyblac644

cybergrimes

I did that but like I said because of how Schedules Direct numbers the show it comes in as Season 14-- there's no season 14 of this show on TheTVDB, it's currently in it's 6th season

andyblac644

I did that but like I said because of how Schedules Direct numbers the show it comes in as Season 14-- there's no season 14 of this show on TheTVDB, it's currently in it's 6th season

just do a refresh after each recording, it will pick it up correctly, i do wish we could set DAILY meta data refreshes, but 30 days is the smallest amout

andyblac644

also try contacting SD ask them to fix it.

• Like 1

cybergrimes

also try contacting SD ask them to fix it.

I'll send them an email right now, good thinking sir

cybergrimes

just identify it correctly.

goto Recorded Shows

find the show click on it

then click on the 3 dots

click on identify, enter the correct TVDB ID in the TVDB field

then do a Refresh Meta Data.

i had to the same for UK MasterChef as by default it chose AUS version.

alternatively set the correct ID in the editor.

Also had done this awhile ago but for whatever reason I didn't consider it a working fix however testing it right now it seems it might be fine. I'll try with a rerun airing tonight.

Thanks!

cybergrimes

It seemed to work fine, kept the episode description even-- not sure what I was thinking before

Thanks fellas

This doesn't help when recording shows trying to fill in missing episode numbers. If your up to date and only recording NEW shows it will work.

• 3 weeks later...
cybergrimes

New episode last night went back to matching the UK series (created directory, metadata etc) but two previous weeks after my last post were fine.

Kind of weird, I fixed it easy enough but I wonder why it fell back to name matching this week *shrug*

Edited by cybergrimes

You can check the nfo file for the series, although it will be after the metadata has been downloaded. the server log might be the best reference. it's possible the zap2it id was there but the tvdb lookup didn't return anything because they don't have that zap2it id.