post-10374-0-66832900-1521250198_thumb.jpg

which, in turn, relocates TempSWMC.

Emby > cache                http://localhost:8096/web/dashboardgeneral.html

Emby > transcoding     http://localhost:8096/web/encodingsettings.html

Emby > metadata          http://localhost:8096/web/librarysettings.html

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1

Sammy

My RecordedTV is already on the D: drive.

Do I need to move all the data in these folders to the new drive location before making the changes in Emby Server?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

d00zah

Set the new locations, shut down the server & move the Emby data folders to the new location. Otherwise, Emby will just start rebuilding data to the new locations. For example, all of my Emby paths are set to 'D:\Emby-Data'.

post-10374-0-85301700-1521277929_thumb.jpg

So with the paths reset & the server shut down, you would cut/paste:

- '\MediaBrowser-Server\data\cache'

- '\MediaBrowser-Server\data\metadata'

- '\MediaBrowser-Server\data\transcoding-temp' (probably empty)

to the new location.

'Clean' '\MediaBrowser-Server\data' will look something like this:

post-10374-0-18896100-1521279190_thumb.jpg

Notes:

Left-overs like 'ImagesByName' (note 'Last Modified' timestamp) were rendered obsolete in past Emby server versions & can be deleted (although some contents like the 'people' folder MAY contain data not included in 'metedata\people' which could be migrated).

I would suggest renaming anything you deem 'obsolete' in '\MediaBrowser-Server\data' before deleting anything & restart server. Once you are convinced all your migrated data is intact from the server's perspective, delete away!

• Like 1

Sammy

Seems I'm always chasing it.. If it ain't one thing it's another. I'll look into this as soon as I can but for now.. off to another family event!

Thanks for the tips.

Sammy

While working on this I've found hundreds of these Windows/Temp files that are .cab's. While each one is not very large, like integral calculus, en total they add up to nearly 60GB. Are the safe to delete? What the heck are they?

5aafa1ca2e274_WindowsTempCab.jpg

Edited by Sammy

aspdend

While working on this I've found hundreds of these Windows/Temp files that are .cab's. While each one is not very large, like integral calculus, en total they add up to nearly 60GB. Are the safe to delete? What the heck are they?

5aafa1ca2e274_WindowsTempCab.jpg

I always understood cab files to be installer files and afaik they can be deleted - I would run ccleaner and get rid of them personally

Sammy

Server evolution. Move the one that's active (most recent modified date stamp).

.. and delete the rest?

d00zah

In that case, my general rule of thumb is that unless temp files are locked (active), they are candidates for deletion. YMMV

• Like 1

d00zah

.. and delete the rest?

If the date stamp says they haven't been accessed/modified since 2016, probably. As always... stop the server, rename folder in question & restart the server to see if the missing data has any apparent effect. If not, you can probably delete it.

Note: take a look at my scrn caps in post #4... those are from (fairly) clean, recent installs.

Edited by d00zah

Latchmor

Hi, for the cab files - I see this every now and then where Windows Update doesn't clean up after itself.  This will tell you what to do - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/cabxxxx-files-found-in-windowstemp-folder/2e86137e-7e6b-4cb7-9a3c-4ee73f665742?auth=1

There is 2 steps and you need to do them both or the cabs regenerate the next time WU checks for updates.

Cheers

Happy2Play

Before moving these, I'm wondering why I have double metadata folders.. 

5aafa7fbca92c_Doubles.jpg

There are old topics on this, as you are on the original "MediaBrowser-Server" install. there were several updates to the metadata folder back then (2016) the "\data\metadata" folder is obsolete so you can delete it if you like.

• Like 1

Sammy

Hi, for the cab files - I see this every now and then where Windows Update doesn't clean up after itself. This will tell you what to do - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/cabxxxx-files-found-in-windowstemp-folder/2e86137e-7e6b-4cb7-9a3c-4ee73f665742?auth=1

There is 2 steps and you need to do them both or the cabs regenerate the next time WU checks for updates.

Cheers

I'll take a look at that but I have had Windows Update disabled since the Win10 debacle and the issue with it killing concurrent sessions.

Any reason to enable it? At this point won't it not give me control over which KB's to install and which to block because it's all in a roll up now?

Latchmor

I'll take a look at that but I have had Windows Update disabled since the Win10 debacle and the issue with it killing concurrent sessions.

Any reason to enable it? At this point won't it not give me control over which KB's to install and which to block because it's all in a roll up now?

I guess if you don't enable it then the cabs will never get regenerated after you delete them. However it's strange that there are some with recent dates though if you have it disabled already.  You may need to investigate a bit more as my cabs were defo Windows Update related and the instructions solved it.

• Like 1