DVR: filenames

andyblac644

paulsalter

Andy, I think that upcoming section is just coming from tvdb, nothing todo with recordings/epg, I have removed Emby dvr and see similar in the upcoming section

Not sure why Luke keeps going back to SxxExx, these shows dont have this data

Emmerdale records today at 7pm

The only data we have is date, so emby checks tvdb and picks up the first episode for today - this is correct

Emmerdale records today at 8pm

The only data we have is date, so Emby checks against tvdb and picks up the first episode for today- this is wrong

andyblac644

Andy, I think that upcoming section is just coming from tvdb, nothing todo with recordings/epg, I have removed Emby dvr and see similar in the upcoming section

Not sure why Luke keeps going back to SxxExx, these shows dont have this data

Emmerdale records today at 7pm

The only data we have is date, so emby checks tvdb and picks up the first episode for today - this is correct

Emmerdale records today at 8pm

The only data we have is date, so Emby checks against tvdb and picks up the first episode for today- this is wrong

yeah, i understand that. but emby has data from TVDB so imo it should use it, once recording has completed.

Edited by andyblac644

paulsalter

Good luck with getting them to change anything

I have been through this many times in the past, perhaps you can have more luck with the devs :)

This is the main reason i ditched Emby DVR

andyblac644

@@Luke anything you can do to better control this date / time base shows ?, when TVDB does have season / episode numbers ?

Edited by andyblac644

Well this actually isn't specific to dvr although i understand why you'd think that. The same situation could happen if you setup a tv series from scratch with similarly named files.

I think a safe approach would be that if tvdb has multiple episodes listed from that same date, then we could correlate based on that.

andyblac644

with the change to filename Eastenders is no longer get scraped correctly it is detec scraped as a 2004 season / episodes.

5ab44d37cc382_ScreenShot20180323at003916

5ab44d7d7bf5f_ScreenShot20180323at004149

Right, on beta, that is to be expected, for now at least. I gave you the dvr naming, but the library scan has never supported those wmc style dates and we have to get that done before this gets released. Thanks.

• Like 1

andyblac644

Right, on beta, that is to be expected, for now at least. I gave you the dvr naming, but the library scan has never supported those wmc style dates and we have to get that done before this gets released. Thanks.

also the name is a bit confusing, could we use name_2018-22-03_1930.ts name_2018-03-22_1930.ts ?

Edited by andyblac644

Senna

I hope not, because with yyyy-dd-mm_time you get your dvr recordings all scrambled up, like this in file explorer when sorted by name:

2018-01-03_1930

2018-05-02_1930

2018-10-03_1930

2018-22-02_1930

2018-22-03_1930

For sorting options I favor yyyy-mm-dd_time and after seeing the above I'm wondering why you favor yyyy-dd-mm ?

paulsalter

Are the dates used in filenames the date of recording or the original aired date?

ideally it should be original aired date

andyblac644

Are the dates used in filenames the date of recording or the original aired date?

ideally it should be original aired date

@@paulsalter original air date, that why time is missing from Corrie / Emmerdale, as SD data does not have time, @@Luke is going to try to do something for those.

Edited by andyblac644

Senna

My guide provider delivers UTC times and can confirm that recent Emby server beta fixed dvr filename timestamp, to not to use the UTC timestamp from xml, but use my local time.

What timestamp is in your xmltv listing @@andyblac644 for the episodes you recorded ?

andyblac644

My guide provider delivers UTC times and can confirm that recent Emby server beta fixed dvr filename timestamp, to not to use the UTC timestamp from xml, but use my local time.

What timestamp is in your xmltv listing @@andyblac644 for the episodes you recorded ?

i'm using SD guide data. and Emby Server Version 3.3.1.9 beta

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

@@Luke you nearly there, the date and time are now in file name, but they are 1hr hour off,

5aba702a07722_ScreenShot20180327at172258

also, the 2 episodes now have the correct synopsis, but they share the 1st episode title can you fix this ?

5aba6fd6da6de_ScreenShot20180327at172115

paulsalter

Are these formats compatible with other systems?

I see no mention of the underscore being a valid item for date based shows on other systems (the original dash is), thinking kodi/plex

andyblac644

Are these formats compatible with other systems?

I see no mention of the underscore being a valid item for date based shows on other systems (the original dash is), thinking kodi/plex

not sure.

Senna

But still the fact remains that with current dvr naming, copying an Emby dvr recording only, to an Emby TV Shows library, doesn't get the file scraped in Emby. For my setup I only see "program name_date_time_episode name". Is that still work in progress Luke, that we eventually also get Season/Episode in dvr filename when available ?

andyblac644

But still the fact remains that with current dvr naming, copying an Emby dvr recording only, to an Emby TV Shows library, doesn't get the file scraped in Emby. For my setup I only see "program name_date_time_episode name". Is that still work in progress Luke, that we eventually also get Season/Episode in dvr filename when available ?

it only uses this naming format when Season / Episode is not available in epg guide data.