[Xbox One S] Black Screen

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

I can't provide much details for this because I really don't have any. Emby Theater was working fine yesterday on my Xbox One S. I try it today, I quickly see the Emby splash screen, then it goes black. If I start something else and go back to Emby, black. If I restart the Xbox and go to Emby, black. HDHomeRun works and Edge works. I don't think its the Xbox at fault. I checked for updates and there aren't any.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

I've just been informed it's working again. User watched HDHomeRun for just under two hours and tried Emby Theater again and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
FordGT90Concept

Okay, it's definitely not fixed. Basically what is happening is the UI fails to load (don't see the back arrow in the top left corner). Happens most often when cold booting the Xbox One S. Using the controller to quit the app and restart it usually fixes it but really need a more permanent fix.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

You're saying this is immediately on app startup? As in you never get to the home screen?

FordGT90Concept

Correct. Other than black, the only thing I can see is the sign out/change server/??? screen if I hit back. I've tried sign out and it's still black.