TauTulli or other Advanced Statistics

manolodf

manolodf

Hey there, I am a long time Plex User tinkering with Emby because I love the way it handles Live TV.  Do you guys know of something for Emby server like PlexPy used to be for Plex, that is now called TauTulli or PlexWatch that basically has real time stats and usage from your server, who is watching what, transcoding info, IPs and data of that nature?  It really is cool how advanced watching statistics, notifications, alerts and other things that Tautulli has. I had plexpy and one day it just renamed itself to Tautulli. 

• Like 2

manolodf

I asked the Tautulli guys on their Discord server and this was their response:

Since it would require rewriting essentially the entire app, there are no current plans. The code is open source if you want to fork it and work on that though

Jdiesel

I can't find the post now but one of the networking guru's on the forum had posted what they were doing with a nginx reverse proxy and the information they were stripping out of the Emby http headers. It was really impressive on the amount useful information they were collection about users, clients, and playback in general. It was by no means a plug and play solution though and likely took a lot of knowledge and setup time.

Edit: Found it

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54690-how-to-integrate-google-analytics-code/?p=531131

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 1

Swynol

also chiming in to say that an emby version of plex.py would be great.

i've used some log analysers for nginx, which does give you alot of data but something as easy as plex.py would be better.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Damien_

I asked the Tautulli guys on their Discord server and this was their response

I was just looking for something similar. If I had to guess, I think Emby will see a fair amount of new users transitioning from Plex over the next year. With that more cool 3rd party tools like Tautulli will pop up. Happy that Ombi works with Emby. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Svennie

In Tautulli you can send automated newsletters. Is there also a possibility for emby here?
The newsletters are similar to those of Netflix or Disney +. New movies are listed or new music, etc.

CBers
1 hour ago, Svennie said:

In Tautulli you can send automated newsletters. Is there also a possibility for emby here?
The newsletters are similar to those of Netflix or Disney +. New movies are listed or new music, etc.

Would OMBI fill that role? 

reggi
On 20/08/2020 at 22:23, Svennie said:

If you want you can add your feature in this list https://embystat.featureupvote.com/ so I can keep track of them. Newsletters would be a nice addition indeed I think