Can't access my emby server page

iDrewn
Go to solution Solved by alucryd,

iDrewn

Hello!

Sorry if this is already been discussed here, couldn't find anything.

I installed Emby on my Asustor 3102T some days ago and then decided to remove it, but when I uninstalled it the asustor app central didn't completely remove it so I removed the files myself. And now when I decided to install Emby again, it just don't work!

I've tried 3.3.0.0, 3.3.1.0 and 3.3.1.5 and neither works for me. I can install all of them it just doesn't finish installing (or doesn't start properly?).

1. I can install it

2. I can't access the Emby server page at localhost:8089, I just get to "Page couldn't be found"

Please help, I really want to move from Plex to Emby asap.

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, English isn't my first language.

Best regards, iDrewn

post-290486-0-97213900-1521060834_thumb.jpeg

Hi, what's the full address in the browser address bar? did you add port 8096 to the end?

iDrewn

Hi, what's the full address in the browser address bar? did you add port 8096 to the end?

Yes, safari just won't show the whole thing unless you highlight it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

iDrewn

Did you make sure to start emby server from the asustor interface?

Yes, it's up and running.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Tried to find what files and folders should be there via winscp.

iDrewn

Did you make sure to start emby server from the asustor interface?

post-290486-0-17498700-1521129949_thumb.jpeg

It's activated/started

This is my App Central folder

post-290486-0-66008300-1521129984_thumb.jpeg

And this is the content of my emby-server folder

post-290486-0-99718200-1521130061_thumb.jpeg

And previously I had emby-server in this folder too, but it's not here anymore?

post-290486-0-06554800-1521130110_thumb.jpeg

Any help at all at this point is appreciated!

iDrewn

What's under the system folder?

Do you mean the System folder in /.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/ ?

Ok the emby-server has no logs folder which would suggest that it can't start at all. Is this an x64 system?

iDrewn

Ok the emby-server has no logs folder which would suggest that it can't start at all. Is this an x64 system?

Yes

iDrewn

Yes it's a x64 system. Why?

iDrewn

I was just double checking.

I'm giving up on this for now. Might reset my nas and see if that does the trick.

Ok I've logged an issue on our internal tracker so that our asustor build developer can look into this. thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
alucryd

Hello!

Sorry if this is already been discussed here, couldn't find anything.

I installed Emby on my Asustor 3102T some days ago and then decided to remove it, but when I uninstalled it the asustor app central didn't completely remove it so I removed the files myself. And now when I decided to install Emby again, it just don't work!

I've tried 3.3.0.0, 3.3.1.0 and 3.3.1.5 and neither works for me. I can install all of them it just doesn't finish installing (or doesn't start properly?).

1. I can install it

2. I can't access the Emby server page at localhost:8089, I just get to "Page couldn't be found"

Please help, I really want to move from Plex to Emby asap.

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, English isn't my first language.

Best regards, iDrewn

What files did you manually remove? The emby folder in /volume1/home? If so please recreate it and make sure it belongs to the emby user, that should do the trick. I'll see what I can do in the package on my end.

• Like 1

iDrewn

What files did you manually remove? The emby folder in /volume1/home? If so please recreate it and make sure it belongs to the emby user, that should do the trick. I'll see what I can do in the package on my end.

Yep, that's the one. Or it was called emby-server in the home folder too I think [emoji848]

so just create a folder named emby-server in home should do the trick?

• Solution
alucryd

No that folder is named after the user, and the user is called "emby". Creating it alone isn't gonna cut it, you need to change its ownership so that it belongs to the "emby" user as well.

Edited by alucryd
  • Like 1

iDrewn

No that folder is named after the user, and the user is called "emby". Creating it alone isn't gonna cut it, you need to change its ownership so that it belongs to the "emby" user as well.

Okay! Will try that asap and report back here

iDrewn

Installed emby again, created the folder but I can't find the user anywhere? When I tried to create a new user called "emby" I got a error message saying "user already exists". What now? :)

post-290486-0-60707700-1522254558_thumb.jpg

post-290486-0-35314400-1522254613_thumb.jpeg

iDrewn

Managed to delete the emby user, and then add it again via terminal. After 30 seconds the server was up and running again! Thanks, will start the transition from Plex to emby now! :)

alucryd

Managed to delete the emby user, and then add it again via terminal. After 30 seconds the server was up and running again! Thanks, will start the transition from Plex to emby now! :)

Awesome, no problem!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
badis2008

Please tell me how to delete user "emby".