Use emby to create folder.jpg for music

jachin99

jachin99

I'm trying to find some program that can create metadata for my music library.  I would like to nest a folder.jpg file in each artist's folder, along with a backdrop.jpg.  I have tried going through emby's various settings but I cannot find a way to have emby do this during a library scan.  This is for another program entirely, and my music displays correctly in EMC.  I also see .nfo files created in all of my album folders.  Thanks for the help.

Hi, if it's able to locate internet metadata then it should be saving folder.jpg's for albums, assuming you've turned on the necessary features.

jachin99

I thought I did but mybe not. I'm doing it over a network I.E. I'm running Emby Server from machine 1, and trying to change music files on machine 2.  Should I create a portable emby server instance, and run a library scan on my server?  This might be easier than going through every setting.

Edited by jachin99

Under library -> metadata try turning on the audiobd provider for albums and artists. then try manually refreshing some of your albums.

jachin99

I'm in library\metadata. Under preferred metadata language it says these items are customizable on a per library basis but I only see choices for movies and TV under media type. Wouldn't this apply to my whole library

Happy2Play

I don't see that option. I only see metadata settings for movies

There is a drop down for each content type there.

Edited by Happy2Play

jachin99

I might have gotten this figured out. I'll do a library scan and have another look tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.