Trouble Casting to Vizio E55-E2

elrolfe

elrolfe

Hello,

I'm running Emby on a Mac Mini, and have had no trouble casting before through the iPhone app.  Today though, I couldn't get casting to work.  I tried to connect as normal, and my TV cleared to a black screen but the Emby logo never appeared.  On my phone app, the waiting circle spun for about 15 to 20 seconds, then disappeared.  Nothing appeared on my screen, and the app played media on my phone, not the TV.  I noticed that my server was not running the latest version, so I upgraded it to version 3.3.1.0, but still got the same results.

My Emby app is version 1.4.9 for the iPhone, and was updated on February 27, 2018.  My TV is on Cast version 1.22.78594, which I assume is the latest available because it tells me there are no updates available.  The server, app, and TV are all on the same network.

I attached logs the cover from when I restarted my server through trying to cast to my TV.

Any help or suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Emby Log 2018-03-13.txt

elrolfe

Sorry I didn’t see your message until now. I was casting from Emby this evening from a little after 9 PM until 11 PM EDT if that helps. I had no problems, and no troubles with casting earlier today as well.

Guest asrequested

I can't get it to connect. The display switches, but all I get is a black screen (on the tv), and a spinning circle on my mobile devices. I'm using the android mobile beta app. Could that be the issue?

Edited by Doofus

elrolfe

I’m getting the same results as @. Black screen on the TV, no Emby logo. On the iPhone app, the colored circle spins for a while, then goes away. On Android, it spins continuously.

Guest asrequested

Just tried a basic movie, and it played. 4K still transcodes. It would be great to get that working, and have the HDR bitstreamed.