118 replies to this topic

#101 djon OFFLINE  

djon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 07:41 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

How often does EmbyCon refresh from the server? At Kodi startup? At specific intervals?

#102 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts
  • Local time: 05:41 PM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

EmbyCon loads the data from the server as you request it.

Think of it like a web page, when you load a web page in your browser the browser retrieves the data from the server then displays it.

#103 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

EmbyCon : 1.7.19

- Latest changes for the final 4.0 release of Emby Server
 - Fix for playing STRM files, get server to probe source streams for duration to allow progress reporting
 - Fix for playing STRM plugin links, no duration is possible so report runtime to server and manually set watched based on client progress
 - Enhancements for local server detect, progress dialog and better detection info
 - Enhancements for fast user switching and user selection, more user info and manual user details option
 - Fast user select saved password can now be reset and deleted by turning off save passwords and logging back in
 - Correction to InfoLables for series, seasons and episodes
 - Bug Fixes

Its been submitted to the official Kodi Repo, this process usually takes a few days. if you want to try the latest now you can use the Beta repo available here:

http://kodi.emby.media/

New Fast User Switch Dialog

Attached File  UserLoginScreen.jpg   57.86KB   4 downloads

Edited by null_pointer, 10 January 2019 - 02:58 AM.

• hoppel118 likes this

#104 agentxan OFFLINE  

agentxan

• Developers
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 AM

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

I use KODI to play music in the background and when the screensaver activates the music stops playing. This happens with music playing with embycon and from other sources. If I disable embycon this does not happen and the music keeps playing with the screensaver active.

#105 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

I know what this is, I though I added a setting for this but it looks like I did not.

I will add a setting to the screen saver option in the EmbyCon Addon to turn this behavior off.

#106 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

Release : 1.7.20

I have added an option for this to the events settings under screen saver in EmbyCons settings.

#107 agentxan OFFLINE  

agentxan

• Developers
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

I just tested the new version and everything works fine now. Thanks for the fast response.

#108 riffy OFFLINE  

riffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

Movie sets are a little weird with the different watched/unwatched views...

Only unwatched, all sets show. Sets with watched movies in them show but then are empty when selected

Only watched, no sets show. Sets are just missing in this view completely.

All, all sets show.

In the Sets node, all of them show no matter what. Changing views only changes what's inside each set.

#109 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

This is due to the fact Kodi is applying another level of filtering on top of the items that are returned from Emby at a UI level.

When you see a Collection/BoxSet in your movies list the items in the Collection/BoxSet are not retrieved yet, so if you apply local Kodi filtering then once the Collection/BoxSet is removed the items in the Collection/BoxSet which were never returned are just gone as they where never there.

I thought a Collection/BoxSet was marked watched so it should still show up in a local filter for watched items.

#110 riffy OFFLINE  

riffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

This is due to the fact Kodi is applying another level of filtering on top of the items that are returned from Emby at a UI level.

When you see a Collection/BoxSet in your movies list the items in the Collection/BoxSet are not retrieved yet, so if you apply local Kodi filtering then once the Collection/BoxSet is removed the items in the Collection/BoxSet which were never returned are just gone as they where never there.

I thought a Collection/BoxSet was marked watched so it should still show up in a local filter for watched items.

Oh that kinda sucks then. I noticed it only because I was searching for movies I had watched & this made it really hard to find them when in watched only view, if they're part of a collection, they're just not shown at all. I've ignored them all showing in the unwatched view but it's aggravating to have to check each one to see if it's actually something new in the set or not.  Bleh! Still wouldn't go back to a database tho. :-p

Edited by riffy, 10 January 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#111 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Yes it can be confusing, I am not sure of any way to make this better, if you think of somethign let me know.

EmbyCon has a good search feature you can use.

Edited by null_pointer, 10 January 2019 - 04:18 PM.

#112 riffy OFFLINE  

riffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

Yes it can be confusing, I am not sure of any way to make this better, if you think of somethign let me know.

EmbyCon has a good search feature you can use.

Doesn't do any good if ya can't remember the name of a movie. lol

I need to find a way to toggle showing sets, seems the only thing I can think of. I noticed the skin Embuary somehow filters out the sets & only shows each movie. Haven't found a way to do that in the Titan Mod skin tho. :-/ It would be a work around.

As a side note.. I have F5 set to reload skin so I can refresh any view like a web page for instant up to the second views, for people asking about how to refresh a view or list. It's crazy useful! "<f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>" in keyboard.xml

#113 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

You should be able to turn off movie grouping into collections in the EmbyCon add-on settings.
However there is a gotcha here, this changes the links created in the add-on main node list, but if you have already created a link in the skin from that list then the link will not be updated.

#114 riffy OFFLINE  

riffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

You should be able to turn off movie grouping into collections in the EmbyCon add-on settings.
However there is a gotcha here, this changes the links created in the add-on main node list, but if you have already created a link in the skin from that list then the link will not be updated.

THANKS! Forgot about that setting. That's at least a work around.

#115 Haxy OFFLINE  

Haxy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Release : 1.7.20

I have added an option for this to the events settings under screen saver in EmbyCons settings.

I noticed that this option changes Kodi global option.

I don't think that addon should change any Kodi options without any notification

#116 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

Which global kodi option are you referring to.

The setting I added is purely an EmbyCon setting, it does not change any Kodi settings.

#117 swehawk OFFLINE  

swehawk

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:16 AM

Installed the modified Estuary skin yesterday and I love it! Finally I'm good with using EmbyCon and get rid of the local Movies and TV-shows db/library in my Rpi/OSMC! No more manual library updating in Kodi, and actors thumbs showing. NICE :))
Btw, tried Embuary, didn't like! Simpler is better, in my opinon ;)

• null_pointer likes this

#118 null_pointer OFFLINE  

null_pointer

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 5173 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:40 AM

Did you use the EmbyCon Skin cloner addon?

#119 swehawk OFFLINE  

swehawk

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Did you use the EmbyCon Skin cloner addon?

Yes I did

• null_pointer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users