Crash requires new login

casperghst42

casperghst42

Am I the only one who is requited to login again when the app crashes (restart AppleTV does not cause this).

I am getting a bit fed-up with, as it seams that only entering the servername is not enough, domain is also required (mine is fairly long), so pin login is the only other option ... not fun.

Why can't you make the app remember it's credential when it crashes, and why doesn't the app use autodiscovery for the server(s) when one wants to login ?

Hi, there's a few things we need to look at here. First, have you reported this crash before, and if so, where?

Second, have you enabled the option in settings to remember login? If you already have that enabled then it's possible the crash is causing some data to be lost. Thanks.

casperghst42

Hi, there's a few things we need to look at here. First, have you reported this crash before, and if so, where?

Second, have you enabled the option in settings to remember login? If you already have that enabled then it's possible the crash is causing some data to be lost. Thanks.

No, I have not reported this crash before.

"Login to <user> automatically", is enabled.

casperghst42

Can you please discuss the specifics of the crash? thanks.

I press step forward a number of times at the end of a stream (to get to the end), and sometimes it ends up with the application crashing (back to main screen). That is what happens.

casperghst42

Back to exactly what main screen?

Sorry, should have been more explicit; the ATV Home Screen.

That sounds like the Apple player itself is crashing.

Does it only happen on certain content or certain types of content?