Android shuffle

arrbee99

arrbee99

Does anyone know if the Emby app on an Android phone has shuffle ? I downloaded a playlist and it plays the songs fine but only one at a time.

Also, if I try Instant mix it just gives a spinning circle like its looking for a server which isn't there, being in the car at the time.

Also, how to I check the app version number ? (I'm not an Android person). EDIT: just look on the server when its available  :)

Edited by arrbee99

arrbee99

Found shuffle under music. Can't find any way to shuffle downloaded music.

arrbee99

That would be nice.

Also, am trying to use Play All From Here in my music downloads, but just get a spinning circle, which carries on till I play something else.. Am using a Xiaomi Note 4X and .92 version.

Edited by arrbee99

arrbee99

Just a bump. As shuffle isn't available and Play All From Here doesn't seem to work, I can only play music downloads one track at a time, which doesn't really work while driving...

Yea those things are showing up because it's using the same generic list screen as the rest of the app. It's just not implemented yet. We'll add it for an upcoming update. thanks.

• Like 1

dmegatool

Just a bump. As shuffle isn't available and Play All From Here doesn't seem to work, I can only play music downloads one track at a time, which doesn't really work while driving...

Meanwhile I'm using a 3rd party music app. Once the music is synced with Emby, I just point my music app to the Emby folder. The folder structure of artist/album stays intact. I'm using BlackPlayer EX which is sooo good. The free version doesnt even have ads... It's a nice setup for now untill it's all get added to Emby :) 

arrbee99

Thanks. Thought of that already, just hadn't decided whether to try an app or wait a bit and see what develops re upcoming update(s). Regardless, thanks for the recommendation, I shall give it the once over  :)

• 2 years later...
shooftie

Yea those things are showing up because it's using the same generic list screen as the rest of the app. It's just not implemented yet

Is this still the case? Neither of the buttons circled seem to do anything other than present a flicker of the loading spinner.

I've managed to get access to the downloaded files using VLC (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/Download/Music) but cannot "play all" or "instant mix" all downloaded music from within the Emby app.

This is the last hurdle in my eyes.

PartialScreenshot_20201008-090024_1.png

Edited by shooftie
clarification