Android TV Box and Emby

SBH46

I have an android TV box 2GB/16GB and I was wondering if it's possible to run Emby server and Front end media player on it.

• Like 6

clarkss12

They are working on it.  Right now, your Android box (if it is a newer one), should work reasonably well as a server, but as a client, it is not quite there yet.

Thanks for the link, have read all 18 pages of that post, sounds like great work happening, will follow it avidly.

fritschetom

I am running Emby Server on my Android S912 box.  It is running pretty well and most things work.  I am using Kodi as the front end with the Emby for Kodi Sync Add-On.  Everything is working very well with this configuration.

• Like 1

I am running Emby Server on my Android S912 box.  It is running pretty well and most things work.  I am using Kodi as the front end with the Emby for Kodi Sync Add-On.  Everything is working very well with this configuration.

I would be interested to know if you can access the box from your PC over WiFi ?

• 2 weeks later...
Pelon

I would be interested to know if you can access the box from your PC over WiFi ?

I'm testing using an Shield, and I can say that I can access any media on the Shield from a PC, or from any other client that I have tried.

• 2 weeks later...
Danyjoel01

I have an android TV box 2GB/16GB and I was wondering if it's possible to run Emby server and Front end media player on it.

Danyjoel01

• 9 months later...
paralepepipedo

I am using a tv box with the same features as your 2GB / 16GB is a mibox3, the server works perfect to transmit within the same network via wifi to my mobile phone, to my smart tv and also transmits outside the network (this function it's demo, but I assure you it's worth paying the subscription).

Greetings.

• 3 months later...
tmdiv

Hi, I run Emby Server for Android on Ferguson ATV box and I need to start/restart the server from command line.

There is dual OS (Android 7.0 and  AOL Debian 8 jessie), 2GB RAM and 8GB internal memory. I was forced to expand it with SD card to avoid full mem, so there is a ~70 GB shared memory. The server works generally fine but when I sleep the system and wake it up, the emby server is not working. When I restart the system, emby won't start automatically (I can't install Emby in internal mem as written here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73388-how-to-auto-start-on-reboot/, when I use app Lunch on Boot the server usually does not start). Also after many days of work (without sleep) emby server sometimes stops working and I need to restart it (from distant PC).

So there is my question: How can I start/restart emby from Debian command line? (when emby is working I can see a process in Debian cmd)

Edited by tmdiv

Hi, I run Emby Server for Android on Ferguson ATV box and I need to start/restart the server from command line.

There is dual OS (Android 7.0 and  AOL Debian 8 jessie), 2GB RAM and 8GB internal memory. I was forced to expand it with SD card to avoid full mem, so there is a ~70 GB shared memory. The server works generally fine but when I sleep the system and wake it up, the emby server is not working. When I restart the system, emby won't start automatically (I can't install Emby in internal mem as written here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73388-how-to-auto-start-on-reboot/, when I use app Lunch on Boot the server usually does not start). Also after many days of work (without sleep) emby server sometimes stops working and I need to restart it (from distant PC).

So there is my question: How can I start/restart emby from Debian command line? (when emby is working I can see a process in Debian cmd)

Hi @@tmdiv, you said you're running "Emby Server for Android". So you installed the android version and not the linux version, right? I don't know if you can launch the android version from a command line. @@softworkz may know.

However the reason it won't auto-start is because you installed the app on an SD card. When you do this, the system will not allow it to auto-start.

when I sleep the system and wake it up, the emby server is not working. When I restart the system, emby won't start automatically

For the Android server, there's currently no specific support for sleep and wakeup. I would suggest simply not putting it to sleep.

I can't install Emby in internal mem as written here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73388-how-to-auto-start-on-reboot/,

I can't see any reason given in that topic...?

(actually not even any post of yours)

Also after many days of work (without sleep) emby server sometimes stops working and I need to restart it (from distant PC).

When that happens, what does the server log from the previous run contain at the end? Is there any kind of error? Or information about a shutdown request?