Strange Issue - Trailers and Chromecast

naeyaert

naeyaert

OK - this is super WEIRD!!!

I've just noticed when I use Chromecast from my iphone to my TV and play a movie trailer from my movies on my EMBY library, the movie trailer does not play, but instead a video file from my music collection plays instead (an R.E.M music video).

When I disconnect from my Chromecast connection and try the movie trailer again, it plays perfectly on my IPhone.

This ONLY happens when I am Casting to my Chromecast device.

It plays the same music video for all my movie trailer selections (any movie I choose when Casting).  But when I disconnect from Chromecast the trailers play fine.

This was working perfectly over the past few days.

Any ideas folks?  This is super weird.

Thanks Rob

Edited by naeyaert

naeyaert

hi there @@naeyaert, can we please look at an example? please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

OK, My Emby server is 3.3.1.0

I am running the Emby Client on my iphone streaming to a Chromecast 2.0 device on a Samsung TV

When I play a movie trailer (any movie), the same R.E.M video plays from my music video library ONLY when I am Chromecasting (when I'm disconnected the movie trailer plays fine).

I have uploaded the latest Server Logs.

Please let me know what else you need.

Thank you

naeyaert

Sorry yes here is the LOG file

Also my Emby IOS App is ver 1.4.9

Like I mentioned, everything plays perfectly from any device (IPHONE, Laptop etc) and all movie trailers play perfect until I connect to my Chromecast and then when I select any movie trailer, the only thing that plays in a non related R.E.M video that is in my library.

Thanks

Log.txt

naeyaert

OK here are TWO screenshots of what I mean

If you look at the file "Chromecast" - this is when I am connected to my TV Chromecast device.  When I hit "Trailer", notice it is playing a file "Live in Milan" (which is circled on the bottom of the screen)

When I disconnect from Chromecast, the trailer plays perfectly on my PC browser (file "Not Chromecast")

Hope this helps.

Cheers Rob 

post-1920-0-86467200-1520667472_thumb.jpg

naeyaert

Is that trailer coming from the trailer plugin, or a link in your nfo file?

I have no idea sorry - how would I find that out?  I simply pressed the "trailer" button on the movie and it plays this file.  It does this for all movies?

Yet when I disconnect from Chromecast, the normal trailer plays perfectly.

Any ideas?

naeyaert

Hello Emby - I checked to see if this issue still exists on my system using another machine to Chromecast my movie and sure enough, the problem still exists.

This occurs with ANY movie that I Chromecast, it does not matter what movie it is - I tested my Kids Movie collection and the problem existed.

When I Chromecast and select "Trailer" for ANY movie, it always plays this local "Live in MIlan" REM video.

Yet when I stop Chromecasting, and select the same Trailer, the movie trailer plays perfectly on my laptop.

Any ideas as this is very strange.

Thank you

Edited by naeyaert

Thank you for your patience. We will do a deep dive investigation on this soon. Thanks.

naeyaert

Thank you for your patience. We will do a deep dive investigation on this soon. Thanks.

Hello Emby - any luck with this please?  Cheers Rob

naeyaert

I haven't had a chance yet to dive into this. I will do this soon, thanks.

OK so just to help out more...

I tried deleting the NFO file from the movie "Burn After Reading" and the problem still exists - when I an connected to Chromecast and choose "play Trailers" it plays this stupid R.E.M live in Milan video.  Yet when I disconnect from Chromecast the proper trailer plays with no problem

Furthermore, I recently added some movies to my library and only ONE does not exhibit this problem (the movie "Annihilation 2018" plays the movie trailer perfectly when connected to Chromecast).

I've also added the following movies and here is what they do...

Movie = Ran (1985) - When I choose "play Trailer" it plays the movie "$9.99c" which just seems crazy!

Movie = Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead (2015) - When I choose "play Trailer" it plays the REM Live in Milan video

So what I'm saying is this is the first time I've seen my trailers play something other that the REM Live in MIlan video (in this case, the $9.99 video).

Yet Annihilation played the trailer perfectly.

This is nuts and I'm pulling my hear out. 

Any ideas welcomed - cheers Rob

naeyaert

Ok, I know why it's happening. I'll look into resolving it soon, thanks.

Hi again, OK, so you know why this is happening?  So this is not something with my setup?  I'm assuming you were able to replicate this?

Could you please elaborate as I'm kind of curious?

Many thanks

There's nothing wrong with your setup. That's a youtube trailer url coming from your nfo file. We haven't actually implemented youtube support over remote control yet so you're essentially winding up with a random result.

naeyaert

There's nothing wrong with your setup. That's a youtube trailer url coming from your nfo file. We haven't actually implemented youtube support over remote control yet so you're essentially winding up with a random result.

OKaaaaay....I'm still a little confused.  This random result seems to be playing local library media (like the case of playing the "REM Live in Milan" file) yet on some files it plays the movie Trailer file (in the case of "Annihilation").

So I agree it does seem random (but not 100% random if you get my drift)?

I even deleted the NFO file and no improvement.

So is this more of a Chromecast issue?

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
naeyaert

Hello Emby, although I realize you guys are busy, it's been over a month since I reported this error.

Is there any update on this please as it's still occurring.

Many thanks, Rob 

Hi, this one will actually require a decent amount of new development. We will look at it after the upcoming stable release. Thanks.