Problems with M3U. Some channels not listed

A8ree
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Emby and I'm trying it out working with my M3U playlist.

When I've imported the M3U playlist only some of the channels are listed

I've identified with BBC One (listed) and BBC One HD (unlisted)

Then i've cut back the M3u list only to include those:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="BBC One HD" tvg-id="BBC1.uk" tvg-logo="http://vod6.service.tv:8080/logos/bbc%20one%20hd.png"group-title="United Kingdom",BBC One HD
http://Service.tv/live/user/pass/2464.ts

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="BBC One" tvg-id="BBC1.uk" tvg-logo="http://vod6.service.tv:8080/logos/BBC%20one.png"group-title="United Kingdom",BBC One
http://Service.tv/live/user/pass/39862.ts

And again, only the non-HD channel is listed

For what reason would the HD channel not be listed??

• Solution

hi @@A8ree, currently the channels must be unique by tvg-id. duplicates will be merged. this is something we plan to give you complete control over in an upcoming update where we will be revamping our channel management. thanks. 

• Like 1

Thanks - I thought I was going mad ;)

Do you have any indication when that development will be released? weeks, months, 6 months?

I will probably manually edit out the non-HD channels in the interim though, now I am aware of a workaround

Cheers

I can't really give an ETA, but we're soon to begin working on it, thanks.

• Like 1

manolodf

It would also be extremely useful to use the Channel Groups in my opinion.  I absolutely love the Live TV of Emby, the reason I am using it now instead of Plex, it is really amazing.  The only thing I wish I had different was the Channel Groups from the M3U, because that would easily give the user the ability to move around from the 700 channels to one from their country or category.   Mire are One each for Countries, with Sports, Premium Movies, and Live Events as groups for example.   Makes it way easier

Right now I am kind of using Collections to create groups of channels, but the non-guide display of collections really looks quite terrible in the apps, on browser I can set List View, but on the apps they are stuck with thumbnails, so it was my attempted work around.   Even have the groups be manageable in admin.  

Another tip is on the Map Channels for the EPG data, keyboard searching does not work.  So I tried to type a channel name to see if I would narrow it down on the list quickly, but  nothing happens. Its impossible to scroll through thousands of channels, so would be of much help to be able to keyboard type the channel names to search and match. 

• 1 year later...
tchirou

Hello Luke

Any news about this ?

I have several streams of the same channels (720p, 1080p, etc) which have the same tv-id because I use one and only epg provider so a lot are considered duplicates.

Thanks

@@Luke in the case of multiple streams with the same tvg-id does it just use the first entry it comes to and doesn't import others?

Are they loaded and used if the first stream fails?

Can you elaborate a bit on how it handles streams with the same tvg-id?

Thanks

@@Luke in the case of multiple streams with the same tvg-id does it just use the first entry it comes to and doesn't import others?

Are they loaded and used if the first stream fails?

Can you elaborate a bit on how it handles streams with the same tvg-id?

Thanks

It should loop through them all and try them all, but currently they have to be within the same m3u. That's one thing that needs to be reworked. Thanks.