Android Mobile - Please, add "next" and "previous" buttons to lockscreen notification

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

With the Android mobile app, every time I want to skip to another song or go back to the previous one I have to unlock my phone because the "next" and "previous" buttons are absent, my phone is Android 7.0:

5aa0c0ef55ccf_nextandpreviousbuttons.png

Edited by delacosta78
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
Richard Branches

have you tried clicking on the little down arrow next to 00:34 ?

It doesn't show anything but the lockscreen asks me to unlock the phone instead.

Are we talking about the same down arrow? Because when i click that i see five buttons - previous track, rewind, pause, fast forward, next track. In other words the little emby notification can be expanded to show all of those buttons.

Richard Branches

Are we talking about the same down arrow? Because when i click that i see five buttons - previous track, rewind, pause, fast forward, next track. In other words the little emby notification can be expanded to show all of those buttons.

When I tap it nothing happens, besides, it's too much tapping, it would be faster if the next and previous buttons were there.

invertedknife

When I tap it nothing happens, besides, it's too much tapping, it would be faster if the next and previous buttons were there.

i think you need to swipe down? the expanded notifications or something

Richard Branches

i think you need to swipe down? the expanded notifications or something

Oh!, I'm embarrassed now, it actually works when swiping down the screen or the little notification, however, we have to perform three steps (turn the screen on, swipe down, press next or previous) in order to skip/back songs when it's faster if the buttons where there all the time, it's not to pretend to be lazy but I assume that having those buttons there are the norm...

Edited by delacosta78

• 1 month later...
Richard Branches

Is this still in progress or is it already completed? I wonder because I noticed the next and preview buttons appear now in an LG G3 (with Android 6.0) with the latest version of the app.

Richard Branches

Yes it's completed.

Thank you so much for implementing this!, you should change the status to "Completed" though.