Emby for Samsung Tizen Now Available for 2018 Models

Luke
Go to solution Solved by FabRut,

Great news. Emby for Samsung Tizen Smart TV's is now available in the USA, UK, and Ireland for 2018 Samsung models. If you purchase a brand new TV you can feel comfortable knowing you'll be able to install the Emby app.

Stay tuned for worldwide release. Thanks.

• Like 2

FrostByte

The new 2018 QLEDs where introduced at the NYSE this morning.  Samsung website has been updated with more models/sizes to come later in the year to include the Q9S 8K model

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-tvs/s/_/n-10+11+hv1uh+zq2jh/

The Q8/Q9 being full array and the Q7/Q6 are edge lit models.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
IceBoosteR

Hi there, can't wait to get the emby app on my samsung qled model 2018 in Holland. Emby looks realy great!!!!

If you can not wait you can also change the region of your QLED to the U.S. then you can jump right off the Emby-Train^^

DownUndeR

I know but sadly i dont like the black background under the subs. And strangly a black dot stays between 2 sublines. So i hope that will be fixed.

teddybear75

If you can not wait you can also change the region of your QLED to the U.S. then you can jump right off the Emby-Train^^

Hi.

Will the netflix app work as normal when changing tv region? (Local language/subs etc)

Or will we have to use vpn with US ip and lose the local language subtitles/audiostreams etc?

FrostByte

As soon as you change your region all local apps are deleted and you can only download apps from the new region.  I believe certain apps like Netflix will then require an IP from your new region to work.

teddybear75

As soon as you change your region all local apps are deleted and you can only download apps from the new region.  I believe certain apps like Netflix will then require an IP from your new region to work.

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Guess i will have to wait for official app to reach my country then :)

• 6 months later...
FabRut

Hello, I'm still waiting impatiently Emby application for my TV Samsung

QLed 2018 for Belgium :) Do you have an idea when it will be available

in the store, thank you in advance to all.  :)

Hello, I'm still waiting impatiently Emby application for my TV Samsung

QLed 2018 for Belgium :) Do you have an idea when it will be available

in the store, thank you in advance to all.  :)

@@FabRut, no, but I think you'll like this:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-464-emby-for-samsung-tizen-tv-now-available-for-usb-installation/

• Like 1

• Solution
FabRut

@@Luke,

super splendid extra thank you.

Works perfectly.

You're a god!

1000x thanks

:)  :D  :lol:  :)  ;)

Edited by FabRut
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
teddybear75

Hello, everything works great, but is there a way to seek faster?

I can only do small intervalls at a time, so its not easy if i have to fast forward an hour or so.....

FrostByte

Chapter skip during playback would be helpful too :)  Clicking FF 100X in 30 second increments probably doesn't help as all those commands are being queued 

If nothing else the ability to increase the FF increments until a chapter skip is implemented would be nice

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

fpezzino

Chapter skip during playback would be helpful too :)  Clicking FF 100X in 30 second increments probably doesn't help as all those commands are being queued 

If nothing else the ability to increase the FF increments until a chapter skip is implemented would be nice

Hello Guys!

I agree with the problem about FF (Fast _Forwarding) and also FR (Fast Rewind).

Can you implement a similar function as that one on Plex, where if you select many times the >> button of Samsung SmartTV's remote control

you can choose to do FF al 1x speed, 2x speed or even 3x speed?

It would be useful to have implementend the same feature but this time for the << button of Samsung TV's remote control.

Another little suggestion is to insert the number of total video/film inside each category, like Plex do:

5d5904be53d9c_PlexMoviesCount.jpg

Is there a way to say Emby Server not to store the metadata files inside the movies' original directory?

My intent is to separate metadata from movies files (MKV file).

Thank you in advance!

Regards.

Is there a way to say Emby Server not to store the metadata files inside the movies' original directory?

This is off by default. The only way you're getting this is from turning it on. What did you think you were enabling?

And yes the other things you mention are planned for the future. thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1