• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Squeakybadger OFFLINE  

Squeakybadger

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 06:45 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Ive just managed to fix this overlay thing not showing up.

I think the latest win10 messed something up.

My emby theatre shortcut had windows8 compatibility mode on for some reason, but disabling that and the overlay on playback returned.

#62 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 01:45 PM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#63 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3580 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

If this is the correct place, was the disappearing overlay fixed ? there were various solutions suggested, wondering if there is one definitive solution. Generally, the gui is there when I start to play something, but after it disappears after a few seconds playing (as expected) moving the mouse over the item playing and it doesn't reappear. Escape works though and then I can resume playing and the gui is back until it fades away and then won't reappear again.

This is desktop ET 3.0.0 in Display Mode - Auto. Latest server beta.

#64 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:42 PM

I have no idea what you mean, sorry.

#65 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3580 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

I mean all the controls / images at the bottom (and top) aren't there. there's just the video itself.

5ad16fb8818de_EmbyGUIoverlay.jpg

It disappears and doesn't come back when I mouse over the video - isn't it supposed to appear so I can click on pause (or whatever).

#66 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

I haven't seen this but will do some testing. thanks.

#67 Nidas OFFLINE  

Nidas

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 AM

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

Same issue here

I have used Emby Theater for about 2 weeks and as of yesterday, the overlay navigation stopped showing.

The buttons are there, you just cannot see them. If you move the mouse to the correct position you can do skip back, forward, pause, settings info, go back to main menu. It is there, you just cant see the controls as they are "behind" the video.

Nothing was changed on the client app or my computer on my end and this stopped showing on its own. No Windows updates, no other programs added or removed. No driver changes.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bits

Emby Theater, latest build as of today 3.0.8

When the issue happened I read this thread and:

-tried uninstalling deleting all app information on the uninstaller, and installing the latest build (did not fix)

-tried installing the latest video card drivers for NVIDIA (did not fix)

-tried changing setting to use Open GL and other specified hardware video acceleration (did not fix)

-from the web browser I was also not able to get the controls displayed

At the exact moment the issue showed for the first time, I opened a video and it took too long or maybe got stuck as my internet connection was full on the upload bandwidth. While it was waiting for video to load, it was a black screen. When I liberated the upload bandwidth by stopping what I was doing, the video started, but with no navigation controls. I "hard" closed the app with right click close Emby from the taskbar of windows (at the moment did not realize the buttons were still there just hidden from sight)

Closing the app and opening should have fixed this I though, but it did not.

I though then that the app had corrupted somehow so a full uninstall and clean install would definitely fix this. It did not.

This is specific to this machine only as my laptop works correctly, but it is a Windows 10 OS. They both have the same Emby Theater build though.

Edited by Nidas, 27 April 2019 - 11:38 AM.

#68 Guest_asrequested_* OFFLINE  

Guest_asrequested_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

It sounds like possibly a chromium issue. What web browser were you using that had the same issue?

#69 Nidas OFFLINE  

Nidas

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 11:45 AM

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

It sounds like possibly a chromium issue. What web browser were you using that had the same issue?

Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit)

**It fails both on browser and Windows Emby theater app

#70 Guest_asrequested_* OFFLINE  

Guest_asrequested_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit)

**It fails both on browser and Windows Emby theater app

I know it fails on both. Chromium is being used in Theater, too. But it sounds like your browser issue is coincidence. There's another thread for this in the Theater section.

https://emby.media/c...missing-on-308/

Edited by Doofus, 27 April 2019 - 12:04 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users