Fire TV Self Signed Certificate

Kimballslice1890

Kimballslice1890

I currently am using a self signed cert generated through Emby itself until I can figure out how to get a Lets Encrypt cert and ultimately get that working on my server. 

So when I try and connect with the official Emby Fire TV app, I cannot access the server and get an error (assuming its the common issue of the self signed certificate). However, I downloaded and installed the Android OS .apk and loaded up the android application and was able to connect to my server and accept the self signed certificate... and connect to my server no problem. The menus don't work right because it is not designed for the Fire TV, but makes me question why the FireTV app wasn't designed in the same way as it isn't a limitation by the FireTV stick in itself, its with the development of the application.

Kimballslice1890

confirmed that for some reason the Fire TV app needs a signed cert from a CA...

Any thoughts as to why the login username credentials wont save and I need to put them in every time?

Hi, do you mean the login credentials in the app? there is a setting in the app you need to enable to remember, after successfully logging in.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.