Find hidden user name

Treecrusher

Treecrusher

I have my Emby server configured to only have one user account that can administer the server and I hide that account from the log in screen. 

Normally the browser on my server is always logged into this account and after a power failure today I cannot for the life of me remember what the user name is for that hidden account. I do know what the password is as it is saved in my browser, just not the user name.

Is there a way to find the user name in the system files somewhere? I have read that I can delete the user.db file, but will that remove other information such as watched status on other accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Treecrusher

It was actually easier than I suspected. There is a list of all users at ...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config\users

Should've gone digging before asking for help sorry.

Edited by Treecrusher

extensive

hi @@Treecrusher, why not just use the emby server dashboard to manage your user list?

i believe he is, just simply forgot the username to the only admin account

• 2 months later...

You'd have to open up the user database - users.db. Do you know how to do that?

Don't you see the users on the login screen, or did you hide them all?

Happy2Play

no i hide them

i found users.db i open as text

it solved thanks

is there any way to open as database?

I use SQLiteDatabaseBrowserPortable.

esdicm

Please really 2 things missed in your app

1- access all pages without login like a website
2- register user by themselves not only with admin

like this we can have a real media server

• 3 months later...

Same issue for me, set my admin account as hidden. Server crashed and now need to log in again but my admin user isn't displayed and i'm new at this so some easy to follow instructions on how to get my hidden admin user back up to log in with woukd ve appreciated

On windows setup with an external server ip if that helps. Can log in to apps and dashboard with non admin accounts but need the admin one to look after it.

Same issue for me, set my admin account as hidden. Server crashed and now need to log in again but my admin user isn't displayed and i'm new at this so some easy to follow instructions on how to get my hidden admin user back up to log in with woukd ve appreciated

Hi. Just hit the button to enter the user name manually.

Do you know the username and password?

Yes i know my administrator login details but they say incorrect anyway. Really shouldnt be this dufficult to get back into my own server lol

Just to clarify i can access the server by using someone elses user on the server login screen but i cant access my own to get on the server dashboard

Just to clarify i can access the server by using someone elses user on the server login screen but i cant access my own to get on the server dashboard

And i can still activate pinswith my admin credentials

Are you sure your admin username and password is correct? Where did you originally configure the username and password?