Emby Server w/Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD not pulling guide

Robert X. Gonzalez

Robert X. Gonzalez

I have Version 3.3.1.0 of Emby server.  I just received and installed the new Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD tuner.  Installed the required v8.5 software and ran setup, thereafter did a scan to detect TV channels.  Hauppague TV allows me to view/watch TV channels.  However, once I do a detect on Emby, and it does find it as the aforementioned TV tuner, scan lasts about 5 seconds and the Guide reflects no programing but there are channels available which puzzles me.  I can click on all but the lower channels and see TV.  I have been Trouble Shooting this for a couple hours to no avail.  TV tuner is attached to a Wingard FlatWave Amped HDTV Indoor Antenna.  Log attached.  Thanks!

Hauppauge.txt

Robert X. Gonzalez

Ye sir, I use schedules direct.  Refresh guide goes for only about 5 seconds.

PenkethBoy

Did you populate the epg from within the WinTV settings window - think this is need initially for Emby to get the listings and get info from Schedules direct

5a9e55a8ca9c7_Capture.png

Ye sir, I use schedules direct.  Refresh guide goes for only about 5 seconds.

Are you able to view the channels list in emby?

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

Sir, channels are listed in both the guide and channels.  Just no programing in the guide.  I noticed an error: 

Check for plugin updates failed.
a minute ago

However, this error seems to have gone away now.

Another member suggests I populate the epg from within the WinTV settings window, but do not see such a setting in v8.5.

PenkethBoy

got to you channel line up and its at the bottom of the page to update the epg in 8.5

Robert X. Gonzalez

Sorry, my WinTV v8.5 does not have this setting. Under devices, can setup a tuner, but nothing about epg

PenkethBoy

Ok will try again :)

run up the WinTV app

click on the gear icon bottom left of the window

this will bring up the setting dialog

go to the all channel tab which shows you all your channels - if you have no channels you need to scan for them first on the devices tab

bottom of that dialog will be update epg button - once you click on that it will populate your epg data - which emby can then read and match against Schedules direct info - you will need to do a guide refresh in emby after wintv has finished

5a9f227d6826c_editChannel.png

Robert X. Gonzalez

I have attempted to post my reply with a picture of what I have.  Not showing up.  That said, I have v8.5.  There is no Update EPG as you detail in your picture. 

post-121409-0-66942900-1520464571_thumb.jpg

Did you check the tuner to epg channel mapping in emby? That's probably the answer.

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke, where is the epg channel mapping in Emby.... ?  Been looking.

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke:

duhhhhhh !!!!!  Wow, you fixed it!!!!! I forgot I had seen this last year and wondered about it, never occurred to me.  Thank you so much my friend and all you took a swing to assist!

Robert

• 2 years later...
terry@tadbs.com

I have the same type of Hauppauge using the  WinTV-Quad USB. The devices show two Hauppauge units. 

WinTV has guide data

Map Channels shows nothing.

Entered the Country USA, Emby Guide Data, ZIP 92646, no channels 

I have the same type of Hauppauge using the  WinTV-Quad USB. The devices show two Hauppauge units. 

WinTV has guide data

Hi there, do the channels show up under the Channels tab of the live tv section?

SHSPVR

WinTV has guide data

Sound like one of two possible able 

1: He didn't run WinTV and setup the Tuner first within WinTV that need be done first Terry in order for Emby to work.

2: Another possible is WinTV service is not running in background that will also show a blank map channel in Emby.

Edited by SHSPVR

Robert X. Gonzalez

Mapping fixed the issues i was having.  I use this tuner with a laptop when traveling and have to rescan for the zip code of that area then map the channels.  Annoying but I have a hunch it is Hauppauge thing (but could be wrong) as it does it at home as well, but my HD HomeRun Tuners do not exhibit this issue where mapping is required after scanning.

SHSPVR

Mapping fixed the issues i was having.  I use this tuner with a laptop when traveling and have to rescan for the zip code of that area then map the channels.  Annoying but I have a hunch it is Hauppauge thing (but could be wrong) as it does it at home as well, but my HD HomeRun Tuners do not exhibit this issue where mapping is required after scanning.

Hopefully in the near future this will change with an build-in integrated tuner scanning, mapping, del channel and etc with out relaying on WinTV or NextPVR because of the way WinTV dose it goof ball channel numbering which dosen't help in auto mapping.