Subtitles are out of Sync on 1.0.37

shocker
Go to solution Solved by shocker,

Suurbier91

It means that the SRT subtitles are not showing while they are showing when you're using DLNA to stream from your pc to your tv. The fault is in the Samsung app

Sammy

Just chiming in here, @@Luke. Do you need any more logs on this or is it something you're waiting for Samsung to get off their derriere and release so we can test out Emby's handling of subtitles?

The only issue I'm aware of right now is subtitles in combination with DTS audio. If you look through the other threads in the Samsung section, another user mentioned this as a Samsung platform defect and other media apps are currently working around it until Samsung fixes it, so I guess we'll have to do the same. 

Sammy

I'll check but since this is recently aired TV episode the likelihood of dts audio is slim. I might take a look at it in Plex and see if it will play the subs. I know it will play in AndroidTV, Roku and Android Mobile but Tizen not so much.

The only other apps I use for the most part are YoutubeTV and Hulu and I've not seen issues with subtitles with them but maybe they're muxing them in on their end if the user requests subtitles to be on? Is this what you are thinking of as a work-around? That would be fine by me. It wouldn't be direct play but it surely would have WAF on the watching end plus, due to my diminished hearing from too many Van Halen Concerts in my youth, subtitles help me out too. My setup can easily transcode but I also realize issues with that for those running Emby Server on a NAS.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
shocker

I can confirm as well on J models with Tizen.

@@Suurbier91 did you successfully managed to load them on K models as well? If yes then the issue is fixed :)

Thanks Luke

SamES

I can confirm as well on J models with Tizen.

@@Suurbier91 did you successfully managed to load them on K models as well? If yes then the issue is fixed :)

Thanks Luke

Thanks.  Yes, but... it seems to be causing an issue with double subs on K series.  

• 2 weeks later...

1.0.43 has launched for 2016 models. Hopefully it will be out soon for 2015. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...